Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 07-12-2011, 03:10 AM   #61
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Yes. In control panel, select 'edit ignored users'. If you add someone there you won't see what they post (the text) - the actual post will still be there, just empty. If I make sense?
Does it edit out postings where the original post is quoted? I mean if I ignore member xyro2 and they are quoted by member ty36u in a subsequent post won't the original post being quoted still be visible even if the member is on the ignore list?
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #62
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Does it edit out postings where the original post is quoted? I mean if I ignore member xyro2 and they are quoted by member ty36u in a subsequent post won't the original post being quoted still be visible even if the member is on the ignore list?
yes, you can see the quoted text. you can also see the avatar of the ignored member everytime they post in a thread which is as annoying as all get out
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #63
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
yes, you can see the quoted text. you can also see the avatar of the ignored member everytime they post in a thread which is as annoying as all get out
Amen! Especially since he always seems to have really large and annoying avatars!
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #64
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Actually, I've changed my mind on this. I get a bit of evil pleasure seeing the avatar flash past with a blank post along side it. It's like I've silenced their voice, and no matter how LOUD they shout, I can't hear them .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Amen! Especially since he always seems to have really large and annoying avatars!
"he". Now you've got me curious...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #65
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Probably the same "he" I've got on ignore. A "One Note Charlie".
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 06:07 PM   #66
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I use Adblock Plus to block the avatars of people I've ignored, and sometimes to block annoying avatars of other people. (I remember something with more blinky bits than I could handle looking at regularly, which surprised me because my blink-tolerance is higher than most.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #67
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
"he". Now you've got me curious...
Well, in my case, I only have a single person ignored. But there are others I've been tempted to add to my list. And every single one has been male (or unspecified but behaving like one.)
Old 07-13-2011, 08:41 AM   #68
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Well, in my case, I only have a single person ignored. But there are others I've been tempted to add to my list. And every single one has been male (or unspecified but behaving like one.)
I only have one too, and like you have a few teetering on the edge of being ignored. I think on the whole I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, unless they are just plain ignorant, or show no redeeming qualities whatsoever, and there are very few MR members that fall into those categories (we are all, or mostly, readers, after all, and by definition discerning and reasonable individuals ).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #69
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I use Adblock Plus to block the avatars of people I've ignored, and sometimes to block annoying avatars of other people. (I remember something with more blinky bits than I could handle looking at regularly, which surprised me because my blink-tolerance is higher than most.)
HA! didn't even think of doing that with my AdMuncher. Perfect! ZAP to all those annoying giant avatars.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:46 AM   #70
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Actually, I've changed my mind on this. I get a bit of evil pleasure seeing the avatar flash past with a blank post along side it. It's like I've silenced their voice, and no matter how LOUD they shout, I can't hear them .
On a less serious note, I kind of wish instead of a blank, there were an editable message there. ONce you reply to a thread, when you scroll down before posting, there's a "this user is on your ignore list" message instead of a blank where their post is. I could get some satisfaction replacing that with a slightly more descriptive message.
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:40 PM   #71
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I always find xyro2's posts really insightful. That ty36u on the other hand...
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #72
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I'm available to be added to anyone's ignore list - day or night
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #73
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I'm available to be added to anyone's ignore list - day or night
Have to be night time. We don't want any monkey business around here at night.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:56 AM   #74
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Have to be night time. We don't want any monkey business around here at night.
What are you talking about? Nighttime is the BEST time for monkey business!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:27 AM   #75
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
any time is the best time for monkey business ..... especially if anyone is offering chocolate .
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote