Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2016, 04:48 PM   #91
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwurm70 View Post
Here you can see the difference in the "natural light" coloring. Kobo says it is supposed to be like "candle light." So I am guessing my Replacement (on the left) must be how it is supposed to look?

I'd love to see what you all think.

Help! how do I post a picture?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
WoW! The one on the right looks like a tomato! The left looks lots better.
It is *very* red. I guess that is why they sent me a replacement. I really don't know any better, since it was the first one I got. Since I've been reading with it for 2 weeks the new one seems very yellow.

Link to album with Replacement and Original

Last edited by bookwurm70; 09-30-2016 at 04:50 PM. Reason: added link
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 04:59 PM   #92
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Since I've been reading with it for 2 weeks the new one seems very yellow.
That not yellow - tis candlelight

Oh and I love, love your dogs!
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2016, 06:16 PM   #93
alizarin
Enthusiast
alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.alizarin beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kobo Aura One
>Since I've been reading with it for 2 weeks the new one seems very yellow.

the old one looks way too red
alizarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:13 PM   #94
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
It is *very* red. I guess that is why they sent me a replacement. I really don't know any better, since it was the first one I got. Since I've been reading with it for 2 weeks the new one seems very yellow.

Link to album with Replacement and Original
Hmmm... your replacement looks much like the illumination on my current KA1 with natural light cranked to 100%. I will admit that I've never used the natural light for any reading -- I don't find the standard lighting bothers my eyes.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 11:03 PM   #95
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Hmmm... your replacement looks much like the illumination on my current KA1 with natural light cranked to 100%. I will admit that I've never used the natural light for any reading -- I don't find the standard lighting bothers my eyes.
Thanks for all your help! I'm glad to know my replacement seems to be a pretty good one.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2016, 02:08 PM   #96
ballfresno
Addict
ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ballfresno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (Sage, Aura One, Aura HD, & Touch); reMarkable tablet.
Quote:
I think each person has to make a choice on this. I still have my Kobo Aura HD, but I have preferred to read each night on my KA1 with the rainbow colors instead. Even though it is not perfect, I seem to like it better.
I agree: it's a personal thing. I, like you, prefer my KA1 even though it does have some rainbow colouring. For me, the bit of rainbow colouring is not distracting or bothersome and the overall effect of the natural lighting is quite pleasant. I'm very happy with my new acquisition!
ballfresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 05:00 PM   #97
challe232
Connoisseur
challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Voyage
My first Kobo aura one had the huge gap in the side and getting pin pricks everything, but had perfect lighting pretty much.

New one? No gap, one major pin prick pixel but in corner so slightly better. But much worse light. Blobs of green. Can't win. !
challe232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:26 PM   #98
challe232
Connoisseur
challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.challe232 is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I am definitely hating my replacement and wish I kept my pinprick infested one with the gap... The light on this one is terrible on natural light. The green blob is frustrating and every yellow-orange setting looks so bad compared to my other one. Other one looked good at any setting. Im so frustrated with these devices. I just want to enjoy myself but their qc is just everywhere
challe232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:52 PM   #99
moorekom
Connoisseur
moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Oasis 3, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma, Onyx Note pro.
Kobo Aura One tone irregularity

I'm a recent owner of Kobo Aura One and a newbie to Kobo. Love the size, font customization and the natural light option. But when I received the device, I noticed that there was the same two tone issue in A1 just as the voyage. I was disappointed and contacted kobo. I showed them some pictures and they agreed to send a replacement.

The replacement arrived after several days of follow-ups (and just being a nuisance) and it looked very yellow and had the two tone problem (only much worse) but no green light problem. Contacted Kobo again and they sent replacement 2. Two tone issue again with a small green light at the bottom. Returned both the replacements and stuck with the original as the gradient was comparatively better than the other two. I might try after a few months as I am still very annoyed with the gradient and the green light. Contacting Kobo through their FB was better than using their chat or phone option. To Kobo's credit, they honored their warranty and sent two devices from Canada to US and provided a free return shipping label to Canada. They also provided a credit on my account because of this issue. So although they are slow, if you contact them through FB, they do respond well. The problem seems to be with their QA. For anyone thinking of getting one, try to get it in a physical store rather than online. Or wait a few months and see if the quality has improved then.

I am attaching a link for anyone who wishes to see a comparison.
https://imgur.com/a/CDAG8
http://archive.is/nayGI
moorekom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 02:17 AM   #100
PeterHadTrapp
PeterHadTrapp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PeterHadTrapp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PeterHadTrapp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD "Brownie"
Hi!
after reading all the posts in this thread, I come to the conclusion, that my Aura1 is not bad at all.
The display is mounted nearly in the center, with a really very little gap on the left side.
The Night-Light shows no wrong colors, only a touch of grey in the bottom corners, left bottom corner a bit more. You can see this shade of grey also in the normal light mode, but not so clearly as it is in the natural-light-mode.
Nevertheless the lighting of my aura H20 is definitly better in all points. Its more homogeneous (right word??) all over the display.

Regards
Peter
PeterHadTrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 03:58 PM   #101
moorekom
Connoisseur
moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moorekom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Oasis 3, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma, Onyx Note pro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterHadTrapp View Post
Hi!
after reading all the posts in this thread, I come to the conclusion, that my Aura1 is not bad at all.
The display is mounted nearly in the center, with a really very little gap on the left side.
The Night-Light shows no wrong colors, only a touch of grey in the bottom corners, left bottom corner a bit more. You can see this shade of grey also in the normal light mode, but not so clearly as it is in the natural-light-mode.
Nevertheless the lighting of my aura H20 is definitly better in all points. Its more homogeneous (right word??) all over the display.

Regards
Peter
Considering that Kindle Voyage has a lot of gradient/ lighting issues too, this might take a while for them to figure out as it really might have to do with the substrate. I wish it could be as even as the H2O or the Paperwhite but we have no other choice other than to wait and see.
moorekom is offline   Reply With Quote