Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-15-2009, 10:04 AM   #1
Carpethead
Carpethead began at the beginning.

Device: none
Canadian ebook stores?

Hey all, just wondering where all the Canadian users buy their ebooks from? Without having to enter a US addy and pay with paypal/micropay.

Thanks
Carpethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:34 AM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpethead View Post
Hey all, just wondering where all the Canadian users buy their ebooks from? Without having to enter a US addy and pay with paypal/micropay.

Thanks
All of the online bookstores that I've bought from accept Canadian Credit cards and include:

Sony's eBook Store (some books are for US residents only)
Baen (WebScription Ebooks)
Fictionwise

Most eBooks I've obtained free, see the MR Wiki for Free eBooks.

Remember prices are quoted in $US and Credit Card does the conversion at the current rate.

WDE.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 04-15-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2009, 08:06 PM   #3
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
I've also bought a number of books from www.smashwords.com and they accept Canadian credit cards with no issues. When the exchange rate was even I bought a bunch of books so I'm set for a while now.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:12 PM   #4
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Books On Board and Cyberread both take Canadian Credit cards too.

(I have a US Dollar card with a Canadian Address that works just fine.)
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #5
sminarovich
Connoisseur
sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony ereader 500 & 600
The Sony stores now sell the 505, but I'd call first, I know the one in Guelph, ON has carried them in the past. I think the easiest way is the Sony store
www.sonystyle.ca
sminarovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert