Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #1
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Say I have a US account and want to remove the drm?

I live in Canada, I have it set up so I can buy from the US store.

In order for amazon not 'catch' you, all the stuff I have read has said to instead of using whispernet you should Transfer via Computer. No problem if you don't want to remove drm.

As far as I can tell, in order to remove drm with skindle you need to Deliver to Kindle for PC.

Question is: by Delivering to Kindle for PC (doing this via the amazon website), will Amazon realize I am not in the US? I am using a US proxy server - just not sure, if in sending to Kindle for PC, whether the proxy would be used; after all K4PC is standalone software.

Make sense? Anyone have any idea?

Last edited by foghat; 09-13-2010 at 10:16 PM.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:20 PM   #2
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I always dowload to my PC first, for a particular kindle, before downloading the same item to a kindle Free App like kindleforPC. That way Amazon remembers I bought a kindle. I dont use a proxy server.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 06:47 AM   #3
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
You could do what I did.

I bought a broken Kindle 1 off of EBAY that was being sold for parts, totally non-functioning doesn't even have a battery. It cost about $15. I registered that serial number to my Amazon account and I download all my books to computer for that serial number.

I did this so I could continue to use the Calibre MobiDeDrm plug-in, Amazon didn't update any of the Kindle 1 firmware so all the old scripts still work for books DRM'd for the original Kindles.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:12 AM   #4
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
Question is: by Delivering to Kindle for PC (doing this via the amazon website), will Amazon realize I am not in the US?
No. At least, not in my experience. I have used this option several times, and have not had any problem with geographical restrictions when buying from Amazon in the US.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #5
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
^ Thanks. I will give it a try.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert