Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 05-11-2010, 03:16 AM   #1
ramjet1953
ramjet1953 began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Speed of Development of Open Inkpot

I wonder, with the time being taken to develop OpenInkpot, if, when version 1.0 is finally released, it will be relevant.

Both the Hanlin V3 and the Hanvon are now already 'old' in terms of current technology.

The new BeBook Neo is an example of what is now on offer and for a very reasonable price.

Also, colour eReaders are not far off.

I understand that OpenInkpot is free and open source firmware, and that developers are giving their time and talent for free, but will it all be in vain?

Regards,
Roger

Last edited by ramjet1953; 05-11-2010 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-11-2010, 04:11 AM   #2
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
1. The date of release of version 1.0 isn't actually that relevant - OI is very usable already, and has been for some time.

2. The development is never complete as long as there are people willing to work on it and people willing to use it (hard to say which comes first). OI might be - and I expect it will be - ported to other devices and move on with them.
Advert
Old 05-30-2010, 04:15 AM   #3
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Also, as soon as OI is running stable with its kernel, it is easier to add new feautures on top, like color screens or anything else. So what is being done now, puts down the basics for future work.

I actually think that OI development is quite fast..