Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-22-2010, 10:46 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Actually, once set up, it's actually easier to strip the DRM from ePub then Mobipocket.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #17
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsussman View Post
Is fictionwise abandoning mobipocket format because they are now owned by B&N?
If I remember right, fictionwise started abandoning Mobipocket before the B&N buyout. It basically started after Amazon bought Mobipocket.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #18
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
If I remember right, fictionwise started abandoning Mobipocket before the B&N buyout. It basically started after Amazon bought Mobipocket.
I don't think this is true at all. It seems that it mostly started 9 months ago, or so. Though there were some books with delayed Mobipocket availability before that.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:24 PM   #19
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, once set up, it's actually easier to strip the DRM from ePub then Mobipocket.
How so? There is a calibre plugin for mobi stripping... so that it is automatic. I didn't see a plugin for epub? Did I miss something?
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #20
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tselling View Post
How so? There is a calibre plugin for mobi stripping... so that it is automatic. I didn't see a plugin for epub? Did I miss something?
There isn't a Calibre plug-in but there is a tool with a very simple GUI.

I hear that the second result when googling darkreverser cabbages and then looking through the March entries will yield some information you might be interested in.

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #21
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverClothe View Post
I don't think this is true at all. It seems that it mostly started 9 months ago, or so. Though there were some books with delayed Mobipocket availability before that.
I think it began when Fictionwise and Overdrive parted ways. While it's possible that it's part of a larger B&N vs. Amazon thing, I doubt that B&N really wants to stop selling books to the Kindle market.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote