Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
dawood
Enthusiast
dawood began at the beginning.

Device: none
Equivalent in command line to convert to azw3 in gui?

When I convert a html file to azw3 using the gui it has nice output, incuding the multi-column setup I mentioned in another thread.

What should I use for --output-profile to get the same output on the command line and what other settings should I use? (Aiming at later kindles but not sure which is best to go for)

Last edited by dawood; 10-21-2013 at 05:32 PM.
dawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #2
dawood
Enthusiast

Looks like just not setting a profile is ok.
Advert
Old 10-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
--output-profile kindle
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:53 PM   #4
dawood
Enthusiast

That doesn't seem to work though, regarding the multi-columns, whereas using the gui produces output as good as an epub

Last edited by dawood; 10-21-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:28 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The GUI and the command line use the same conversion code. And you can see exactly what options are used for any given conversion by looking at the conversion log in the GUI and passing the -vv option to the CLI
Advert
Old 10-22-2013, 12:29 AM   #6
dawood
Enthusiast

ok, thanks. I had the output profile in the gui set to generic eink.

Edit: this is the debug info in the gui I take it? I chose a folder for it but after the conversion it was empy

Last edited by dawood; 10-22-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:03 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

clicking the rotating spinner in the bottom right corner to get5 the job log.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:08 AM   #8
dawood
Enthusiast

Ah right, thanks. I'd looked at that before but not doubleclicked the job in the list. I've been using the generic eink option for everything. I don't have a kindle so can't test it until a friend whose wife has one comes back online.

All I can do at this moment is use the Kindle Previewer app.