Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
dino_hsu_1019
dino_hsu_1019 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Email to Kindle failure (from gmail)

Here's the error message to send Wall Street Journal, it worked yesterday, but not today. What I see is it the gmail (the from) is on and off, any advice? Thanks.

<quote start>

Starting job: Email Wall Street Journal (free) to dino_hsu_1019@kindle.com
connect: (u'smtp.gmail.com', 587)
connect: (587, u'smtp.gmail.com')

Sending failed...

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 37, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 112, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 103, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 303, in connect
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 281, in _get_socket
File "socket.py", line 571, in create_connection
error: [Errno 10061] 無法連線,因為目標電腦拒絕連線。

Retrying in 301 seconds...

connect: (u'smtp.gmail.com', 587)
connect: (587, u'smtp.gmail.com')

Sending failed...

File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 37, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 112, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 103, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 303, in connect
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtplib.py", line 281, in _get_socket
File "socket.py", line 571, in create_connection

Job: "Email Wall Street Journal (free) to dino_hsu_1019@kindle.com" failed with error:
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 83, in start_work
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 92, in __call__

Called with args: (u'c:\\users\\user\\appdata\\local\\temp\\calibre_ 0.8.12_tmp_woqyp_\\calibre_0.8.12_vd5w9scaltmpfmt. mobi', u'Wall Street Journal (free) - calibre.mobi', u'dino_hsu_1019@kindle.com', u'E-book: Wall Street Journal (free)', u'Attached, you will find the e-book\n\nWall Street Journal (free)\n\tby calibre\n\nin the MOBI format.') {u'notifications': , u'abort': , u'log': }

<quote end>
dino_hsu_1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's an error creating a network socket. Probably you have an antivirus program blocking calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2011, 08:39 AM   #3
dino_hsu_1019

It doesn't look like an antivirus blocking, I have AVG free installed, but at this moment, I turne it off and the problem still exists. On the other hand, gmail doesn't always fail, sometimes it works such as yesterday, but at this moment, it doesn't.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
dino_hsu_1019

hotmail doesn't work either, but note that hotmail email has been replaced by windows live and I don't have a xxxx@hotmail.com account, but a xxxx@yahoo.com account for Windows live services. Similarly for gmail, I have a xxx@gmail.com and the xxx@yahoo.com account consolidated for google services.
The host name, port (587), encryption: TLS, SSL, none, I have tried all possible combinations. I wonder why once working (gmail) and suddenly doesn't work. Also wonder whether the Calibre application should be modified to reflect the fact that gmail and hotmail services are allowing non-native email address as accounts. What is the real limitation and usage for this from settings? Thanks.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #5
dino_hsu_1019

gmail account, host, port (587), encryption (TLS, SSL, none), I have tried all combinations. I test hotmail as well, but hotmail is already consolidated as live account, and I use a xxx@yahoo.com account as Windows live account. Why does Calibre have to connect with gmail or hotmail servers? Thanks.
Advert
Old 08-13-2011, 01:50 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre doesn't have to connect with any particular server. You can manually enter the details of any server you like. The Use Gmail and Use hotmail buttons are just there for convenience.

But given that you are getting connection refused errors, something is blocking the connection, and changing servers is unlikely to make any difference unless the blocker is blocking particular servers and not others.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #7
dino_hsu_1019

Hi Kovic,

It seems to be blocked by firewall of my company, it happens when my VPN client is connected, I will double confirm when I am in the office. However, I see many conversion problem, for PDFs, and for news feed, I will post one by one in the recipe and conversion subforums, and I guess I need to study recipe creation because I think no many people can resolve Chinese problems.

Regards,
Dino
Old 08-15-2011, 03:12 PM   #8
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino_hsu_1019 View Post
I guess I need to study recipe creation because I think no many people can resolve Chinese problems.
A recipe guru fluent in Chinese will be greeted with enthusiasm in the recipe forum.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:55 AM   #9
vicky2
vicky2 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Email failure setting up Calibre

Hi,

Help needed please. Gmail account created and unable to send test . Error message :-
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/wizard/send_email.py", line 108, in test_email_settings
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/smtp.py", line 103, in sendmail
File "lib/python2.6/smtplib.py", line 589, in login
SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, '5.7.1 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at\n5.7.1 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=14257 y61sm412646wec.30')

the learn more direct to Google Gmail Help did not match any answers. Advice please, the gmail account is valid....
vicky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:45 AM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky2 View Post
SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, '5.7.1 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at\n5.7.1 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...y?answer=14257 y61sm412646wec.30')
Delete then retype in the gmail username@gmail.com and the password and try again.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote