Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #25351
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
That is what the Doctor said, it is a battle of the wills. This only reinforces that we really need to start being consistant with things. He is old enough that we can do that now. So I drop it, you pick it up probably is coming to an end. I think the cleaning of his toys he throws out of his play area might turn into a basket that holds them with a return the next day. It is going to have ot be a big basket, he loves chucking stuff out of the play area.

I know that I am the problem on the sleep thing. I love cuddling him and rocking him to sleep. Which of course means that he is used to falling asleep that way. It makes sense that he struggles to settle himself at night when he doesn't have to do so when he initially goes to bed. He is an active little guy so the only time I can really count on him snuggling is at bed time. (sigh)

So I need to suck it up and put the families need for sleep ahead of my desire to cuddle at night and find oppertunities to cuddle in the afternoon. More reading in the play area or holding him on my lap when building towers to knock over.

More Puerh with lunch. And some advil, the lack of sleep makes my hip hurt (born dislocated and my major weak spot. It acts up when I am not taking good care of myself). (sigh)
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #25352
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Worked late last night, then up early this morning to finish off some pages for this morning's demo. Customer is happy, so I guess it was worth it. But early morning was definitely coffee time -- Peet's Major Dickason's, made strong. And now that the worst is over, and I just have a regular load to deal with, it's time for a pot of Lapsang Souchong.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #25353
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Sounds like you are on the right track.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #25354
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Sipping tea #2, and being glad my kids outgrew their cribs many years ago!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #25355
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
as someone on here has noted before, I am more physically f&cked up than a retired professional quarterback due to soooo many injuries (none automobile!). I am weary of taking vicodin, morphine and the like, so decided to take matters into my own paws. I started seeing an acupuncturist/chinese medical practitioner a few weeks ago. He is taking a "fire for effect, adjust range and fire, fire, FIRE!" approach with me. I'm getting poked 3 times a week (grrrroan!), taking massive doses of herbs (YECH!), and eating massive quantities of protein and ONLY green vegetables. nothing else (whine). I've drunk oodles of my favorite green tea, with honey and ginseng daily. oodles. daily. no more . it's too "hot". I'm too "hot". so, what to drink? "Lotus or Chrysanthemum" says my practitioner. my beloved "People's Republic of Tea" doesn't carry either (other than a flowering ball, and I ain't payin' for that!) ***whine***

Suggestions?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #25356
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I have no real therapeutic suggestions, other than to note that the principle of a "second opinion" might be as valid in alternative medicine as it is in Western medicine.

Obligatory "cup" reference: Mug #4.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #25357
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I have no real therapeutic suggestions, other than to note that the principle of a "second opinion" might be as valid in alternative medicine as it is in Western medicine.

Obligatory "cup" reference: Mug #4.
I have had ALL sorts of opinions, mostly winding up along the lines of "hey! you're f'ed up! take this pill!" tired of pills

I'm happy with what this guy is doing and in less than a week can tell there are differences. I am simply a sad panda because I can no longer drink my beloved green, honey, & ginseng tea. no green tea a'tall in fact. I must seek out lotus and chrysanthemum tea
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #25358
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Well, first, lotus tea is a green tea, though one from Vietnam. It looks like Amazon has multiple versions of it, most with Amazon Prime shipping, so that should be easy.

Chrysanthemum tea is a tisane (herbal tea) that is quite popular in China. One of my preferred vendors, TeaSpring.com has 5 Types of Chrysanthemum tea. They're certainly a reliable resource, but won't be something you can get in the next couple of days. But there are also versions available from Amazon, so that might well be the easiest.

Meanwhile, just finishing up a mug of Peet's Pride of the Port tea.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #25359
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Skim milk. Thinking about beer. 25 minutes into night two and he has cried non stop.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #25360
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It will take a bit. Stick it out, you can do it!
Old 06-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #25361
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Laphroaig - medicinal of course!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:36 PM   #25362
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Laphroaig - medicinal of course!
Send some my way
Old 06-21-2013, 04:21 AM   #25363
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I have had ALL sorts of opinions, mostly winding up along the lines of "hey! you're f'ed up! take this pill!" tired of pills

I'm happy with what this guy is doing and in less than a week can tell there are differences. I am simply a sad panda because I can no longer drink my beloved green, honey, & ginseng tea. no green tea a'tall in fact. I must seek out lotus and chrysanthemum tea
No suggestions, I'm afraid, as I've never gone down that route (the nearest I have got is an Osteopath and a Chiropractor), but if it is doing some good, then it's worth hanging in there for a while. Good luck .

Black coffee.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:35 AM   #25364
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Lucas made it through the night. I am amazed and not expecting a repeat performance tonight. Call me cynical.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:24 AM   #25365
VydorScope
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Lucas made it through the night. I am amazed and not expecting a repeat performance tonight. Call me cynical.
OK

You're cynical.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?