Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-15-2009, 05:05 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
What's your Karma:Post ratio?

A wonderfully silly measure of the mobileread membership just occurred to me.

What's your Karma:Post ratio?
Mine's 4.6:1
HarryT's is 1.6:1*
Patricia's is 8.2:1

Someone on their first post has a 10:1 ratio. Has anyone got a ratio above 10:1? Is there a better formula? e.g. Karma:SQRT(Posts)?

*yes, I invented this just to have a measure where I beat HarryT

Last edited by pdurrant; 06-15-2009 at 05:23 AM. Reason: clarity
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:09 AM   #2
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I was actually thinking about this just tonight. I'm guessing I have a very low ratio compared to most people (in other words, if it's a contest, I think I'm losing! ). I did make probably a good half of my posts in the introduce yourself lounge, welcoming new members. Not a ton of karma in that arena, especially because new members have very little "clout."

But I'm ok with this I know it's not a reflection of my worth...

is it???

Mine is 4.1:1... did I do that correctly? School's out. I don't usually do a lot of thinking in the summer. Maybe mine's not as terrible as I thought....

Last edited by GraceKrispy; 06-15-2009 at 05:12 AM. Reason: had to actually *see* my post to figure my karma
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 05:11 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
GraceKrispy, yours is 4.2:1, so you're way higher then me....

(mine is 2,2:1...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:17 AM   #4
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
4.96:1

I feel superior to pdurrant somehow.

Last edited by Dylrob; 06-15-2009 at 05:24 AM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:19 AM   #5
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Hmm - 1.3:1 or so. I would note that most of my posts test to be to try & help newcomers, who typically don't know of the karma system (and those who do, don't have much to give anyway)! :-)
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 05:55 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
hmmm 4.28:1 ...

if i recollect correctly, this (or similar) has ben done before....

edit : ah ! yes - see similar threads, below (nrapallo did it !)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:19 AM   #7
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
I have 6.76:1... am i right?

If so... i'm winning! =P

Last edited by Alphapheemail; 06-15-2009 at 06:21 AM.
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:54 AM   #8
bertold
Connoisseur
bertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it isbertold knows what time it is

Device: iRex iLiad v2, Onyx Boox Note 3
You are all amateurs. 22.5:1. That's what I'm talkin' about.
bertold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:57 AM   #9
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I am a 6.68:1 - I was quite chuffed until I saw Bertold's post lol
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 06:58 AM   #10
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertold View Post
You are all amateurs. 22.5:1. That's what I'm talkin' about.
oh sheesh...
"here have some spaghetti..." (dane cook reference)
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:12 AM   #11
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Ok, I just did mine: 14.69...

I don't deserve that! Thank you so much! Now I feel bad....
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:35 AM   #12
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I wondered whether it could possibly be original. I suppose I should have done a search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
edit : ah ! yes - see similar threads, below (nrapallo did it !)
I see this too was a simple posts:karma ratio, although nrapallo split his poll according to the number of posts made.

Perhaps we need to look at some more complicated formula. Perhaps (karma-10):SQRT(posts) would be interesting, to compensate for the initial Karma grant and the fact that karma tends to grow more slowly that number of posts.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:34 AM   #13
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
do what good politicians do, choose whatever calculation puts you in the best light !!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:30 AM   #14
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
If my calculator is working, mine looks like 8.1:1
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:12 PM   #15
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
about 6.9:1. Or so it seems.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote