Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
ron1959
Connoisseur
ron1959 began at the beginning.

Device: potential kobo vox owner
Where do you use your kobo vox?

I'd like to see how inventive people are in where they use the vox besides the local coffee shop.
Commuting to work, lunch break, etc....
ron1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:22 AM   #2
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I intend to use mine while nursing my son in the evenings. I do that with my Sony 650 right now. The touch screen is so nice for that. He won't let me rock in the chair without my reader now. We will see if he lets me use the Vox some nights as an alternative.
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 01:24 AM   #3
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox
I currently only use it at home in for reading an browsing the web, read a but at night. But plan on using it while traveling a lot
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #4
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
I use it at home, I still use my Kobo Wi-Fi when I'm commuting or whem I'm not home
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:50 PM   #5
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
I use it at home, I still use my Kobo Wi-Fi when I'm commuting or whem I'm not home
Ditto. Interesting how people are using these mostly at home. I guess because it's the WiFi thing...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #6
rmorrow
rmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watchrmorrow is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
Ditto. Interesting how people are using these mostly at home. I guess because it's the WiFi thing...
So far this has been my usage pattern as well. I ride the bus to and from work each day, and read using my Kobo Touch during that time. I'm still not sure if the Vox will replace my Touch for ebook reading. I mostly picked it up as an inexpensive android tablet to experiment with. I have tried reading a few chapters of my current book with it and found it not too bad, but I think I still prefer e-ink reading.

Rick

Last edited by rmorrow; 11-04-2011 at 04:58 PM. Reason: silly brain fart about which Kobo I actually own! :)
rmorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #7
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Anywhere here's wifi, really. Or if I want to read a comic or PDF - its not my primary novel device, as that's what eInk is for.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #8
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
As a wifi Tablet/laptop repla
cement, it's golden. Anywhere a laptop is convenient, the Vox is as well. Laptops don't have built in internet...

Also, I own an Android Smartphone, so if I want internet now, and I have my Vox, I use the Vox. Sitting down in the living room with some snacks on facebook on the vox is an absolute DREAM.

Also, I find the reader convenient...I actually had to push my bookmark in Clash of Kings forward a chapters or two, as I read my digital copy in between sessions!

Anyway, I use it as a laptop, plain and simple. I take it to work, I read in it, I make notes on texts, etc. It's a toy, but all tablets are toys, so what's the big deal?
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:57 PM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I am sick so I used my Vox in bed today. I still read on my Touch. I used the Vox for email, twitter, and a bit of surfing.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote