Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #1
TonyGamble
Groupie
TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Browsers for rooted T1

I have rooted my new T1 and need a good browser.

I looked here:-
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...s#Web-Browsers

But I could not find either the highly recommended Maxthon in my Market - nor the also rans of Firefox or Dolphin Mini.

Where am I going wrong, please?

Tony
TonyGamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #2
altruizine
Senior Altruist
altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML, Onyx Boox Note Pro
Yes, Google Play often lists applications as incompatible for some reason, likely because they are protected and only available to devices officially supported by Google Play. In consequence, they do not show up in the Market or Google Play app. (You can visit them on the Google Play website and see whether they are compatible with your device.)

Some people play tricks with their /system/build.prop file to bluff the Market / Google Play app into thinking it's running on a supported device. I haven't tried that yet on the PRS-T1 and don't recommend it.

The alternative is to find an alternate source for the application. Some developers distribute official APK packages from their own websites; or you could try an alternative market; some are mentioned in this blog article. I found that 1mobile.com has direct APK downloads for many free apps, but I have no idea how trustworthy they are.

Last edited by altruizine; 08-24-2012 at 08:11 AM.
altruizine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
TonyGamble
Groupie
TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
If I look at Maxthon on my PC it says it has a .apk to download.

Can I download it to the PC and transfer it some way to the T1?

EDIT.

Yes, I found I could copy the .adk to the directory for new adk's on the T1 and the Commander would then install it. Brill. It works.

Tony

Last edited by TonyGamble; 08-24-2012 at 01:02 PM.
TonyGamble is offline   Reply With Quote