Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
Whispersync is not always working

Doesn't always keep up to date with the furthest position.

I am syncing between Kindle iPhone, PC, Mac and K3. Sometimes when i sync it does not take me to the furthest location, but a couple of syncs before. Like my profile hasn't really been updated.

Does anyone else have this problem?
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
Snakey
What would Snake do?
Snakey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I have sort of the opposite problem, I turned off sync between devices on Amazon.com but every time I download a book that a family member is reading it carries over their progress onto my Kindle.
Snakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
I am syncing between Kindle iPhone, PC, Mac and K3. Sometimes when i sync it does not take me to the furthest location, but a couple of syncs before. Like my profile hasn't really been updated.
Unless you force a manual sync as soon as you finish on one device, and then force one again immediately when you pick up the new device, then yes... if you do a lot of switching between devices (rather quickly) you may just catch an ebook that is temporarily out of sync with your furthest read page. I don't think it was ever intended to be an immediate, real-time sort of thing.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:00 AM   #4
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
I see. I don't tend to switch that quickly, I was just testing it.

I now sync manually, exit the book to the main book menu and sync again for all devices. Seems to be working better.

I also re-enabled saving of annotations on the iPhone app, not sure if thats related to it (probably not).
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote