Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Kobo Deals: Save $21 on Reader, $1 on an ebook [BOTH OFFERS ENDED]

At least in Canada, black and white Kobo's are $128 this weekend online, at Chapters, Indigo, and other associate bookstores, and Wal-mart.

You can save one dollar off selected Kobo e-books here:
http://www.kobobooks.com/lists/Disco...m_medium=email which also expires Aug 8.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-16-2010 at 08:29 AM.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #2
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One more day on this deal ... the "save a dollar" may work on other books not on the list; it did for me.
Advert
Old 08-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
Zyzomys
Hooked on Phonics
Zyzomys began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I received Price Protection from the Walmart I purchased my Kobo from. It was nice to get $23.60 back, which I can now spend on more eBooks.
Zyzomys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 06:57 PM   #4
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
what is the code to get the $1 off the ebook?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #5
SensualPoet
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
what is the code to get the $1 off the ebook?
I can't believe I didn't include that explicitly: saveadollar
Advert
Old 08-15-2010, 01:20 PM   #6
SensualPoet
Wizard

A two day only save $1 offer returns: code is summersave; expires end of day Aug 16. A discount list is suggested: http://www.kobobooks.com/lists/Disco...m_medium=email

but the coupon can be used on many titles EXCEPT: "Hachette Book Group USA, Harper Collins, Simon & Schuster, Penguin, Macmillan, and all respective subsidiary imprints".

That still leaves a huge number of titles to choose from (Random House and all its imprints [Doubleday, Dell, Knopf, Vintage], anyone?). Plus -- Canadian mystery fans -- try a search for "Dundurn Press" and you'll find some tasty, not-available-for-Kindle titles; the discount applies to all of them.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:04 PM   #7
eric11210
Addict
eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Best part of this deal is the books in the cheap reads section. There are at least half a dozen for 99 cents or less meaning they are now free with the discount coupon. Some are junk, but others sound interesting. And for free it doesn't hurt to get them.

Eric
eric11210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:25 PM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Is this a single book only coupon?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:31 PM   #9
SensualPoet
Wizard

Yes; I believe once you've used it on your account you can't use it again.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #10
eric11210
Addict
eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eric11210 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Not true. I bought a dozen books and short stories from them, constantly reusing the summersave coupon. Here's my totals:

ITEM DATE DISCOUNT PRICE

1. Between Here And Here (Short…
By Amy Bloom Download ePub to your
computer now (File Size 1744kb) 2010-08-15 $0.89 $0.00

2. Beyond Reach
By Karin Slaughter Download ePub to your
computer now (File Size 549kb) 2010-08-15 $1.00 $0.59

3. The Petrified Ants
By Kurt Vonnegut Download ePub to your
computer now (File Size 1906kb) 2010-08-15 $1.00 $0.79

4. Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder
By Fluke,Joanne Download ePub to your
computer now (File Size 620kb) 2010-08-15 $1.00 $2.19

5. Auralia's Colors: A Novel
By Jeffrey Overstreet Download ePub to your
computer now (File Size 598kb) 2010-08-15 $0.89 $0.00

6. An Inconvenient Marriage
By Ruth Ann Nordin Download ePub to your
computer now (File Size 333kb) 2010-08-15 $0.89 $0.00

7. Confessions Of A Shopaholic
By Sophie Kinsella Download ePub to your
computer now (File Size 2098kb) 2010-08-15 $0.89 $0.00

8. Under The Black Ensign
By L. Ron Hubbard Download ePub to your
computer now (File Size 912kb) 2010-08-15 $1.00 $0.79

9. Beautiful Lies: A Novel
By Lisa Unger Download ePub to your
computer now (File Size 414kb) 2010-08-15 $0.79 $0.00

10. The Vanishing Sculptor: A…
By Donita K. Paul Download ePub to your
computer now (File Size 2478kb) 2010-08-15 $0.89 $0.00

11. Death By Misadventure: 210…
By Dale Dreher Download ePub to your
computer now (File Size 198kb) 2010-08-15 $1.00 $0.69

12. Ghouls Just Wanna Have Fun
By Alessia Brio Download ePub to your
computer now (File Size 80kb) 2010-08-15 $0.89 $0.00

TOTAL $5.05

I just kept applying the coupon. However, I think it is once per order. I simply clicked "buy this book," went through checkout and then went back to look at other books. As you can seem 12 books and short stories for just $5.05. I'm sure some are worthless, but for the price, I'm not really complaining. It's a pretty sweet deal. For a $12 book that you get for $11, it doesn't make much difference, but when applied here, it does get you some nice stuff for your library for cheap prices. They did wait until I had totalled $5 though to send me a receipt. I think the minimum they charge your card for is $5 (I got a notice that they had done so before I got this and then afterwards another saying they had charged me $5.05) in the hope that you'll go over $5. Not sure what would have happened if I hadn't gone over that amount. I don't know if they would have charged me the full $5 anyway and held the money as store credit or if they would have actually charged me the few cents or whatever. . .

Last edited by eric11210; 08-15-2010 at 06:40 PM.
eric11210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:21 PM   #11
SensualPoet
Wizard

Wow. Now there's a back-end system that Kobobooks needs to fix!