Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 01:03 PM   #1
steverobbo
steverobbo began at the beginning.

Device: prs505sc
Help with Conversion

I have managed to download a version of the second half of Feist's Magician in Microsoft Word format, however once it has been put through Calibre it is horrible and has gaps in between most of the lines of text, it also splits to a new paragraph half way through a lot of the sentance's.

Can anyone please tell me how to clean it up and make it far more reader friendly and easier on the eyes.

I have tried book designer, but downloaded the software and then that was as far as I got, couldn't manage to even get the file to open in book designer at all.

Please regard me as having no computer skills what so ever.

Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:25 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I don't bother getting books perfect, I have WORD save it as a txt and then load it on my 505
Advert
Old 07-06-2008, 04:43 AM   #3
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
You might try RTF rather than TXT and see how that looks - If you have issues with Word's RTF, try saving it using WordPad.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:51 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
We do not discuss criminal activities on MobileRead.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread