Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-14-2012, 01:25 AM   #1
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Smile Paperwhite shipping soon ?

I ordered 2 PW w/o SO on wednesday. It said that they estimated to be delivered Dec 24th. When I just checked my account, I noticed Amazon took the money. Wait a second, Amazon doesn't do that on out of stock orders until they are in stock. So I check my orders, and it changed to "shipping soon" with a estimated arrival of Dec 19th. Amazon still says for the PW to be in stock on Dec 20th. Did they show up early? Anybody else got a PW order that changed to "shipping soon"?
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:16 AM   #2
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Yes, it has happened. You can see it in this thread, among others.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=198104&page=3
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #3
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Ordered mine end of November...estimated delivery Dec 24th. Arrived two days ago!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilica View Post
Yes, it has happened. You can see it in this thread, among others.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=198104&page=3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Ordered mine end of November...estimated delivery Dec 24th. Arrived two days ago!
Thank you, that is good to know. Amazon might just ship them as fast as they come in while still building up extra stock for christmas. Might be a good indicator that they flagged all old stock as unsellable, and started from scratch. Hopefully that fixed the screen issues
Old 12-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
Tabatha
Groupie
Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KTouch-PW-WIFI Galaxy Tablet 7 Plus 32gb Galaxy Player 5.0-4.2
There was a major strike at the shipping docks in CA, which has probably ended now, and that must have been what caused the late delivery estimates.
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
plumeroad
plumeroad began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I ordered on Dec 7th and received it yesterday. After going through three replacements with my original launch PW, I wanted to see if this "batch" was any better. For me it is night and day. Very little color hueing and much better contrast. The black actually looks black instead of dark grey.
plumeroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #7
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
That's VERY good to hear, Plumeroad! Amazon sounds like they are committed to providing a quality product! I like that!
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:35 AM   #8
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumeroad View Post
I ordered on Dec 7th and received it yesterday. After going through three replacements with my original launch PW, I wanted to see if this "batch" was any better. For me it is night and day. Very little color hueing and much better contrast. The black actually looks black instead of dark grey.
I should have waited. I already got three and none of them are perfect, even after many replacements.

Last edited by xendula; 12-16-2012 at 06:47 PM.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:18 PM   #9
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabatha View Post
There was a major strike at the shipping docks in CA, which has probably ended now, and that must have been what caused the late delivery estimates.
Kindle "shipments" are moved by air -- not ships. With extra contracted flights this time of year.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #10
DuckieTigger
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Kindle "shipments" are moved by air -- not ships. With extra contracted flights this time of year.
That is interesting. Wish Amazon would have kept them on plane to ship to me, but they switched to land.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #11
Nible
Nible began at the beginning.

Device: none (yet)
Kind of sucks living in Sweden having ordered from a Swedish retailer the 2nd of November and still not having heard anything about mine being shipped. Originally they said it was supposed to arrive 28/11.

Not at all jealous!
Nible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #12
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nible, how much did you have to pay extra for going through a Swedish reseller?
Old 12-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #13
HYPE
Groupie
HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I don't know if it's relevant, but the same thing happened with the K4 I bought like two weeks ago. It was supposed to arrive on January 14th, but I actually received it on December 12th. I was very happy!
HYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:10 AM   #14
Nible
Nible began at the beginning.

Device: none (yet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Nible, how much did you have to pay extra for going through a Swedish reseller?
Way too much. I'm paying 1495 SEK (176.36€) + shipping. Amazon.co.uk wouldn't ship to me, so here I am, paying too much and waiting for too long.
Nible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #15
xendula
eBookworm

^ Outch, that's steep. I noticed the Ebay prices for them have skyrocketed as well! Next time, try amazon.de. Not sure about Kindles, but they ship to most countries in Europe.