Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
ePub to PDF converter

Hi. I was just wondering if anybody here know about a good html to pdf converter. I have made my pdf files with some tags from CSS3, e.g.
Code:
@page:left{
	@bottom-left { content: counter(page) }
}
@page:right{
    @bottom-right { content: counter(page) }
}
.page_right{
	page-break-before:right;
}
and some other "cool" stuff to make them look great in PDF. I had to comment out these elements in order to make the file work as an ePub, so they won't show up there, but I would like to make a pdf file that contains page numbers and page headers, just like the original book I'm making "facsimiles" of.

CutePDF, my favorite PDF converter, does not handle paging and page headers very well. Are there other tools that could do this?

Note to moderators: I was not sure if this belonged here in the epub forum or other forums. Feel free to move to correct forum if not belonging in this forum
Old 10-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
but I would like to make a pdf file that contains page numbers and page headers, just like the original book I'm making "facsimiles" of.
Why not skip the html/ePub part entirely and just scan "the original book" to PDF? You're trying to add the very things that the vast majority of people struggle mightily trying to remove from scanned in PDFs of books when creating reflowable ebooks.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-07-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #3
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Heaven knows I'm not trying to add headers/page numbers to the ePub. EPubs shall be reflowable and adding headers must be up to the renderer, not the publisher. On that we agree.

I am trying to find a way to print a nice-looking PDF from the ePub/html source. My original images is full of speckles (it's an old book) and the original format is quite large. The ePub is flowable, so I would like to print it in A5 size, much smaller than the original, without scaling down the text, and retaining the "feeling" of the original book (e.g. retaining the page layout, headers, footers, book structure) but not the exact layout of the text itself.

Besides; the ePub source is allready proof-read and formatted (e.g. inserted nbsp and correct dashes/hypens, formatted with correct fonts etc.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:54 AM   #4
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Prince

http://www.princexml.com/
Old 10-08-2012, 04:23 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
To use Prince with an ePub: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89689
Advert
Old 04-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thread now closed, as it was just attracting spam.
Closed Thread

Tags
conversion, converter, epub, epub to pdf, pdf