Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-13-2007, 02:35 AM   #1
sAGV
sAGV began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
TOC in LRF

How can I add or edit Table of Contents in LRF book? Or can I add Table of Contents in DJVU and convert it to LRF with TOC?
Sorry for my bad English.
sAGV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:31 AM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
If you are using Book Designer, proceed as follows:

You can make an automatic ToC by clicking on 'insert' then 'insert Toc'.

You can make or edit a ToC by hand using the 'Notes and links' feature (in the edit menu). See HarryT's Book desgner tutorial for details.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2007, 11:02 AM   #3
sAGV

Book Designer (ver. 5.0) can't open DJVU or LRF. Is there another way?
Old 12-13-2007, 11:33 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Where did you get this LRF with no ToC?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:45 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There's no way to add a TOC to an LRF file that doesn't have one; it has to be added at the time that the book is created.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2007, 11:49 AM   #6
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Ah, I wish you didn't use absolute qualifiers so easily, Harry. It is possible to decompile LRF to LRS, add a TOC and compile back to LRF. But LRS->LRF conversion is rather rarely used option on these forums so it's possible the tools would need some fixing to make it work.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 12:54 PM   #7
sAGV

JSWolf, I get LRF from DJVU.

igorsk, I have a book with a lot of pictures. Will the pictures available after conversion?
Old 12-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #8
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Probably. You're going into rarely visited territory so it's hard to say
Old 12-16-2007, 04:57 AM   #9
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sAGV View Post
JSWolf, I get LRF from DJVU.
... and how did you convert DJVU to LRF? I ask since I've got a lot of DJVUs waiting to be read

Alessandro
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:09 AM   #10
sAGV

alexxxm,

Last edited by sAGV; 12-17-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:14 AM   #11
sAGV

alexxxm,

Last edited by sAGV; 12-17-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:09 PM   #12
sAGV

alexxxm, I used PDFtoLRF converter. This program can compile DJVU to LRF.

How can I delete my posts?

Last edited by sAGV; 12-17-2007 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:06 PM   #13
Brandon202000
Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Brandon202000 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: SONY
I having a tremendous amount of fun with BookDesigner! But I have another annoying "nit" about which I could use help from forum members. The problem is this: After I move a book to the Reader, I've noticed that title entries in the book listing and the chapter entries for some of the books books differ in font point size. That is, some entries are larger -- in both places -- than others. Has anyone encountered this problem? And, if so, can you tell what I'm probably doing wrong?
Brandon202000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:55 AM   #14
igorsk
Wizard

That's not BookDesigner problem. Actually, it's a "feature" of the Reader - it tries to adjust the font size so that the complete title fits.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:50 AM   #15
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
For DJVU to LRF conversion I use pdflrf. It works great.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote