Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-23-2007, 11:30 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I have submitted to bug repoert and have got response to both of the emails. I suspect the Bookeen is a rather small company and if you ask something that is not easy to answer then it might get pushed to the stack of things to do sometimes in the future. I would remind them about the previous question and ask when the are planning to answer it.
Granted, the question might not be one they can answer right away, but they could at least reply that they got your question and are looking into it so you know they got the message.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:28 AM   #17
tcmoon
Connoisseur
tcmoon is on a distinguished road

Device: slate pc
I have asked to return my device & be refunded my money. They have not answered so I had no choice but to have Visa dispute the charge. I think I will buy an iliad. Would anybody disagree with the choice of an iliad.
tcmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2007, 04:34 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
An iLiad is very different to a Gen3. Long boot time and rather short battery life, but once it's running, it's great. It's much more like a tablet PC than a dedicated bookreader. I'm not sure I'd get one if I were primarily after a bookreader - the Sony 505 might be a better choice for that. If you want to do other things with it as well though, then the iLiad is excellent.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 06:18 AM   #19
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmoon View Post
I have asked to return my device & be refunded my money. They have not answered so I had no choice but to have Visa dispute the charge. I think I will buy an iliad. Would anybody disagree with the choice of an iliad.
Strange that they did not answer such a request. Did you check your spam filter to see if you missed a response?

I totally agree that you want to have a direct answer just confirming that they have got the email. So hopefully they will start using some system to keep track of these kind of things.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:16 PM   #20
GoodHope
GoodHope began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Interesting to find out, that I'm not the only one without reply from bookeen support (no answer in 4 weeks). What makes it even worse imho is, that I was quite sure about to order one and I only had a minor question about the transaction (I told them I would buy after I have the information I asked for, it was no requirement). Therefore if you even don't answer your highly potential buyers, how would it be if you ask for support with problems?

Last edited by GoodHope; 11-30-2007 at 05:37 PM.
GoodHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2007, 05:35 PM   #21
Tulkas
Enthusiast
Tulkas began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, CyBook Gen3, iPod Touch, PB 360
Are we talking about the same company?

Every email sent to support@bookeen.com has been answered within hours. My CyBook screen failed, a return authorisation/code was promptly provided and Bookeen have now shipped me a replacement. The customer support has been excellent and even when the French postal services decided to go on on strike losing my shipment in the process, they had staff on the case chasing the delivery down .... thinking about it that's probably why you've not had your responses
Tulkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:50 PM   #22
GoodHope
GoodHope began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
quite strange, thats diametral to my experiences with customer support generally. Usually there are very helpful before you buy - my assumption seems to be not true for bookeen, at least in your case. Their support seems to be quite volatile. I checked again and realised that I sent at contact@bookeen.com not to support@bookeen.com. Probably this makes the difference! Thank you, I will try that again.

Last edited by GoodHope; 11-30-2007 at 09:50 PM.
GoodHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 06:46 PM   #23
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post
Every email sent to support@bookeen.com has been answered within hours.
Where on the Web page did you find that address? Is the support address different from the contact address?
Old 11-30-2007, 07:30 PM   #24
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes it is a different email address. contact@bookeen.com is the contact address and not the support address. Try emailing support@bookeen.com with your problem and see what sort of response you get.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:24 PM   #25
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yes it is a different email address. contact@bookeen.com is the contact address and not the support address. Try emailing support@bookeen.com with your problem and see what sort of response you get.
Eh, how do you know that they are different? I asked about where to find information about the emal addresses to check if they are different or not. It is common to set it up so that all addresses go to the same place and then internally distribute it to the correct place. So where do you get your information from so you can claim that this is not true?
Old 12-01-2007, 12:49 PM   #26
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Where on the Web page did you find that address? Is the support address different from the contact address?
They have three addresses on the site support@ (found on the warranty page in the shop), contact@ and shop@. Whether or not they are truly separate addresses or are all routed to one place I don't know.

I was actually kind of surprised that, now that their product is live, they don't have a support section on the site (unless you count the FAQ's).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #27
Tulkas
Enthusiast
Tulkas began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, CyBook Gen3, iPod Touch, PB 360
Quote:
Eh, how do you know that they are different? I asked about where to find information about the emal addresses to check if they are different or not. It is common to set it up so that all addresses go to the same place and then internally distribute it to the correct place. So where do you get your information from so you can claim that this is not true?
Does it really matter if all 3 addresses are or aren't going to one inbox before being distributed to the right people at the other end? I can only relate my own experience which was good both for a query with my sales confirmation and my recent support request.
Tulkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:17 PM   #28
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post
Does it really matter if all 3 addresses are or aren't going to one inbox before being distributed to the right people at the other end? I can only relate my own experience which was good both for a query with my sales confirmation and my recent support request.
What matters is if they are treated different and support issues are thrown away if mailed to contact. The issue was that it is extremely hard to find the support address on the web page and I did not think it was there since I looked. I wanted to read on the web page Bookeens rekomended method to report bugs and other issues.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:36 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Try reporting your problem(s) to the proper email address and see what happens. if you get a quick enough responce, then you know why they did not reply.