Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-30-2010, 03:26 AM   #1
ForrestDC
ForrestDC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle 3 Freeze / Endless Reboot Cycle

I recently got my Kindle 3, and while using it to browse the internet the Kindle froze. I tried resetting it, but it just stops at about 20 percent.

I've both done the "hard" reset (Hold power button for 15 seconds) as well as the "Recovery Mode" (Hold power button for 15 seconds, then press home), and the same thing happens it goes up to 20 percent or so during bootup, and then resets after a few minutes
ForrestDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:38 AM   #2
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Have you got the Kindle in the Amazoncover? Get it out and try rebooting again, but hold the button a bit longer to the right. Is the Kindle fully charged? Fiddling around with it also takes battery-life.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2010, 04:40 PM   #3
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I 2nd the case question, as it is a known issue. See discussion here: This cover causes the Kindle to freeze up, and or reboot!

A customer qutoed a representitive as saying
Quote:
"There have been some forum discussions regarding the non-lighted Kindle cover, and our engineering team is looking into this. Regardless, if anyone is having any problem with an Amazon-manufactured Kindle cover, please call us at 877-453-4512 or 206-922-0844. We will be pleased to replace it for free with a different cover or accept a return for a full refund, no matter when the cover was purchased."
If you are using that cover, I would suggest, that you test it out (removing the Kindle from the cover is said to clear up the issue right away) or call to see if that offer is legit.

Good luck!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I 2nd the case question, as it is a known issue. See discussion here: This cover causes the Kindle to freeze up, and or reboot!

A customer qutoed a representitive as saying

If you are using that cover, I would suggest, that you test it out (removing the Kindle from the cover is said to clear up the issue right away) or call to see if that offer is legit.

Good luck!
the offer is legit.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:49 AM   #5
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
My K3 (arrived beginning of September) functioned perfectly but was stolen, along with its cover, in a London pub in December. I got a new one and new cover on 24th December and it seems to have difficulties of this type. I did lots of resets and finally rang Amazon this morning. They advised removing the cover and then doing a reset. So far it appears to have worked.

The actual problems were an inability to stay in sleep mode and losing my place in a book.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #6
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMB View Post
My K3 (arrived beginning of September) functioned perfectly but was stolen, along with its cover, in a London pub in December. I got a new one and new cover on 24th December and it seems to have difficulties of this type. I did lots of resets and finally rang Amazon this morning. They advised removing the cover and then doing a reset. So far it appears to have worked.

The actual problems were an inability to stay in sleep mode and losing my place in a book.
Amazon has stated that they will take the covers back, for an exchange or refund becuase it is a known problem.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #7
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
Amazon rang me today for further discussion. They have refunded me the price of the cover (they don't want it back) and given me an additional credit of £21. So I have ordered a cover with light.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote