Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 10-18-2015, 01:58 PM   #991
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
By the way, I've finished Volume 4 of The Book of the Thousand Nights and One Night, almost 50% done!
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:50 AM   #992
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Just finishing E.T.A. Hoffmann's "Nutcracker and Mouse King" (the basis for the world's mostest favoritest ballet, The Nutcracker) --- I missed the Christmas deadline due to overtime work at my job.

As soon as this is finished, I am going to start another lengthy project: doing as many of Robert Benchley's books as I can lay hands on (all his books are collections of short humor pieces).
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2016, 03:40 PM   #993
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Volume 5 of The Book of the Thousand Nights and One Night is done, four to go!
Old 02-05-2016, 07:03 PM   #994
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
I've just started on Society in America, by Harriet Martineau. So far I find the table of contents bewildering.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 02:37 AM   #995
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Volume 6 of The Book of the Thousand Nights and One Night is done. Last 250 nights.
Advert
Old 09-27-2016, 08:25 AM   #996
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
What I'm not working on is H.G. Wells.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:54 AM   #997
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
What I'm not working on is H.G. Wells.
Wrong thread! This is for the ones you are working on.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:56 AM   #998
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Seems it's one of those days, eh?
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 05:56 AM   #999
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Volumes 7 and 8 of The Book of the Thousand Nights and One Night are done. Only 55 nights to go!
Old 01-02-2017, 11:25 PM   #1000
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am starting work on some Damon Runyan pieces.

(I meant to begin early and have some ready for immediate 2017 upload, but other stuff got in the way, I always under-estimate how long things will take to finish!)
Old 01-04-2017, 02:40 AM   #1001
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
I am starting work on some Damon Runyan pieces.

BTW, there's a great Selected Shorts episode that features his short story "A Piece of Pie." You can download it from the NPR podcast archive.

The short story starts at 16:00, but the other stories are also worth listening to.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 11:45 PM   #1002
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

@Doitsu --- great link, thank you!

I just uploaded the Runyon, I ended up by making an omnibus collection of all the short fiction I could find --- 264 titles! (I did NOT include any of his poetry)

On to Ring Lardner next ---- bad OCR, this should occupy my time for quite a while.

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 01-29-2017 at 11:48 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:40 AM   #1003
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is there anyone here with access to one of the following libraries (or knows someone who does):

Aberdeen University
Cambridge University (Rare Books Room)
National Library of Scotland
Oxford University
Senate House Libraries, University of London
Trinity College Dublin

They hold copies of Virginia Woolf’s On Being Ill (Hogarth Press 1930, 34 pages), of which only 250 were printed. No German library has one and it seems impossible to even get paper copies from the British libraries (they claim copyright reasons, although Woolf’s texts are in the public domain since 2012), so I hoped someone from MR could help me out, make copies for me, and send me a pdf (I could reimburse you for your expenses by Paypal).

Anyone, please?
Old 02-01-2017, 01:33 PM   #1004
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
That book's available on Amazon.co.uk - all types including Kindle ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 03:08 PM   #1005
pynch
why in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
That book's available on Amazon.co.uk - all types including Kindle ...
The detail you chose to ignore is that I'm looking for the version of the 1930 Hogarth Press edition which is definitely not available on Amazon.