Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
Sony PRS-350 $69 at sony store today

I also posted this in the Deals section, but for those of us who care, I noticed today that the refurbished PRS-350 is $69 again on the sony store site. Prob. US only, sorry. I picked up 2, one for my daughter and a spare for me!
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
Fanchee
Connoisseur
Fanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notesFanchee can name that song in three notes

Device: Aura H20, PRS-350, Kobo Aura HD
I found 3 at my local Best Buy for $59, it might be worth it if you are in a Best Buy to see if they still have any! These were brand new units, on clearance.
Fanchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350
Highly recommended!

I already had a T1, purchased last year, but wanted something smaller to put in my pocket. The T1 is just a little too large for that.

Got a 350 for myself for Christmas and it's excellent. Would buy again.
no.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #4
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I haven't been able to find any locally. My local Radioshack proudly pulled out some PRS-300's and couldn't understand why I wasn't enthused.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #5
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelec View Post
I haven't been able to find any locally. My local Radioshack proudly pulled out some PRS-300's and couldn't understand why I wasn't enthused.
I found mine on E-bay for $69.99, which included shipping. It's probably refurbished, but I'm very happy with it anyway.
no.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Hear my chanting...I don't need one...I don't need one...
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #7
mbelec
Addict

At this price, I wanted to get one. I looked on ebay as well, but they seem to be going for more than the $69 and at least if I buy it from Sony and it has problems, they'll replace it. Also might have more battery life. As I said, I got a spare, as I love the small portability of this reader and don't care about wifi on it.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #8
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I already have a 2nd brand new spare, but I'm soooooo tempted to get another!
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:45 AM   #9
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Mmmmph........
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #10
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanchee View Post
I found 3 at my local Best Buy for $59, it might be worth it if you are in a Best Buy to see if they still have any! These were brand new units, on clearance.
Unfortunately it must be only in areas like your that have several units left. My Bestbuy would not match that price.(even when I refered them to your price. They only had one unit left. Most bestbuys in my area and elsewhere are sold out or have 1 or 2 left.

I think $69.99 for a refurbished is the best many of you are going to do right now. I bought a refurbished and it was exactly like new. Flawless. You cant go wrong. Go for it if you want one because this is the first time in months they put them onsale.

Last edited by Tony1988; 03-26-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #11
Shifty4Ever
Shifty4Ever began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thanks for the heads up mbelec. I decided to pick up a spare myself. I carry a silver on the train everyday and my wife has a pink 350 also. I figure for the price, and the fact that Sony will more than likely never make a 5" again, a spare is probably warranted.
Shifty4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:24 PM   #12
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver Paperwhite Kindle
Ok I really shouldn't read this site! lol

I just ordered me a spare 350. At least they are different colors. The one I have right now is the pink one.
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #13
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I ordered one...I have a 650 that I love, but sometimes a smaller format would be so much more convenient. When Sony had them on sale a few months ago I was tempted, but didn't do it. I've since regretted not getting one, so no way was I passing up this deal a second time! I also like the 650/350 interface better than any of the current readers on the market, so if something should happen to my 650, it'll be nice to have a backup.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #14
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver Paperwhite Kindle
I just got my reader!

It looks brand new just without a retail box.

I was just wondering this morning when it was goimg to ship because I never got an email it was shipped.
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #15
hopkinsenglish
Connoisseur
hopkinsenglish began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
pulled the trigger as well. I owe MR a big thanks for keeping me privy to this awesome deal!
hopkinsenglish is offline   Reply With Quote