Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-20-2013, 05:17 AM   #1
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Mobi-asin and metadata

Perhaps I am overlooking the obvious.....
Since a few months Calibre can't find metadata for my free/bought Amazonbooks. I thought perhaps my firewall...so disabled it...no result......added Calibre on it once more....no result. Googled some etc.
It seems to be the mobi-asin which is causing this. From 20 or so Amazonbooks I tried to extract the ISBN. That worked for only 2 books and then I could get their metadata, so in retrospect is isn't my firewall that blocks it. I have updated all plugins and Calibre. I'm working on a Macbook pro 10.7.5
Has anyone an idea? I would be glad for any solution as it puzzles me greatly.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:47 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Perhaps I am overlooking the obvious.....
Since a few months Calibre can't find metadata for my free/bought Amazonbooks. I thought perhaps my firewall...so disabled it...no result......added Calibre on it once more....no result. Googled some etc.
It seems to be the mobi-asin which is causing this. From 20 or so Amazonbooks I tried to extract the ISBN. That worked for only 2 books and then I could get their metadata, so in retrospect is isn't my firewall that blocks it. I have updated all plugins and Calibre. I'm working on a Macbook pro 10.7.5
Has anyone an idea? I would be glad for any solution as it puzzles me greatly.
What version of Calibre are you using? If it is not the latest (0.9.15) then moving to that just might fix the issue as one of the recent changes was one to allow for a change to Amazon web site layouts.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2013, 06:57 AM   #3
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you.
I am using the latest Calibre version.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:09 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Post an example of a book (title, author) for which calibre fails to get metadata.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:49 AM   #5
desertblues
Home for the moment

Some recent ones:

White Jade. Alex Lukemann
Eternity's Sunrise. Richard Creasey
Advert
Old 01-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
White Jade by Alex Lukemann gives me no matches but White Jade by Alex Lukeman gives a correct result. And the other one by creasey gives me a result from amazon.com.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #7
desertblues
Home for the moment

Thank you for looking into it.