Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
App Syncs "copied" text (including eBook clips) between iOS and OSX

Ever want to copy text from your iPad eBook to your Mac. Now you can!

"Cloudclip Manager" (free) syncs the clipboard of your iOS device and your Mac. You install the OSX version and the iOS version, make sure you are using iCloud, and viola... your clipboards are synced.

Getting text from Marvin or Bluefire is easy (and other apps). In the reader app "copy" your text. Now go to the Cloudclip Manager app and your copied text (the clipboard) will be synced to your other devices. Go to your Mac, click the CloudClip icon on the menubar and click on your clip (this puts it in the mac clipboard). Now paste into what ever app you desire.

Another app that advertises doing the same thing is "Cloud Clip". It is $4.99

Note: Cloudclip Manager was released today so watch for bugs.....

I am not affiliated with the app or the company in any way. Found it searching new apps.

Last edited by 1611mac; 01-18-2013 at 01:04 PM.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:05 AM   #2
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
The same can be achieved with the standard Notes app in iOS/Mac OS.

For transferring text between iOS and Windows, I use the excellent Nebulous Notes text editor. It automatically saves everything to Dropbox, so that whatever you paste into Nebulous Notes in iOS, automagically appears on Windows (or Mac OS) a second later.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2013, 09:07 AM   #3
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
The same can be achieved with the standard Notes app in iOS/Mac OS. -snip-
This feature is new in Mountain Lion... right? I'm still on 10.7.5 but its time I go to Mountain Lion. Does the clipboard hold more than one clip? The app mentioned above hold latest seven items which I really like. I really do need to get to updated software though just for the syncing features.....
Old 01-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #4
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
This feature is new in Mountain Lion... right?
Yes, Notes/iCloud sync are new in Mountain Lion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
Does the clipboard hold more than one clip?
It's not a clipboard... Just the standard Notes app, even with the same icon, on iOS and Mac OS... If you need 7 items in your clipboard, by all means get a specialized app. If it's just to transfer some snippets of text between the iPhone/iPad/notebook/desktop PC, then the Notes app or the Nebulous Notes app are perfectly handy tools to achieve that.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:01 PM   #5
1611mac
eWanderer

Thanks.. I'll be updating to Mountain Lion this week... will check it out...
Advert
Old 01-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #6
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I prefer to use SimpleNote, because my notes are available anywhere via a web interface. Also, many text note apps (like Nebulous Notes mentioned above) save to Dropbox, which is also available from anywhere.

I bought an app called CloudClipboard but I found I don't really have a use for it. It works between iOS devices, and there may be a Mac version too, I don't remember. The advantage is that you can also copy images and web clips. But I find that mostly I just want to save bits of text and urls when I'm at work, to use them later at home, or transfer text from apps to whatever desktop machine I am using, usually at work.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #7
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Nebulous Notes is great in that it's a regular plain-text editor. It sees the entire structure of my Dropbox folders, and accessing any plain-text file from Dropbox is super-fast thanks to Nebulous Notes navigation options. You both get a long list of recently edited plain-text files, as well as the ability to browse all Dropbox folders.

I have set up files like scrap.txt, scrap2.txt, scrap3.txt, scrap4.txt, scrap5.txt, etc., inside my Dropbox, so this essentially gives me a multi-item, multi-platform clipboard.

One more huge advantage of Nebulous Notes: it properly supports Unicode-encoded files. I find that many iOS text-editing apps fail to support UTF-8 properly, so that when transferring, say, non-English texts between iOS and Windows, these get mangled. Not in Nebulous Notes -- it preserves the correct encoding and formatting 100%.

A drawback of Nebulous Notes is that it does not handle very long plain-text files very well, freezing from time to time (and I mean thousands of lines here).

Last edited by Faterson; 01-25-2013 at 08:27 AM.