Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #526
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Hmmm... isn't Amazon providing these already?
Yes, they are. But only recent versions (i.e. currently 5.1.0 and 5.1.2) are available on official "Kindle Software Updates" page. Older versions are not so easy to download.
Quote:
Or are you saying that we should mirror the Amazon updates, because they might drop them at some time in the future?
Yes, precisely. And then, with image of 5.0.0 and set of update bundles, one could easily move to any existing version. Maybe I miss the point, but is there any other reason to keep image of 5.0.0?
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #527
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Yes, they are. But only recent versions (i.e. currently 5.1.0 and 5.1.2) are available on official "Kindle Software Updates" page. Older versions are not so easy to download.

Yes, precisely. And then, with image of 5.0.0 and set of update bundles, one could easily move to any existing version. Maybe I miss the point, but is there any other reason to keep image of 5.0.0?
Not really. The only real reason is to keep some "ground truth" that everyone can get back if to needed (and then to move forward using the official updates from there). Anyway, I guess that this is what you asked for: http://ixtab.tk/kindle-touch-updates/ . It's the only exhaustive list that I know of so far, so feel free to mirror it (and more importantly, make the mirrors known to all interested communities - including this one...)
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2012, 07:22 AM   #528
j101
j101 began at the beginning.

Hi, ixtab's method has been working well up until the point where I have to use PuTTy as it keeps coming up with a "connection refused" message. Any tips?
j101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #529
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Not really. The only real reason is to keep some "ground truth" that everyone can get back if to needed (and then to move forward using the official updates from there). Anyway, I guess that this is what you asked for: http://ixtab.tk/kindle-touch-updates/ . It's the only exhaustive list that I know of so far, so feel free to mirror it (and more importantly, make the mirrors known to all interested communities - including this one...)
Thanks. Just in case, here is hashes of the same files, which I've downloaded [earlier] from Amazon server.

md5sum:
Spoiler:
Code:
03a9005b1604420fb9f007035b6aa3fe54ca5764  Update_kindle_5.0.3.bin
84c953b14b0c6d24efce2009deadd8c64eebfe85  Update_kindle_5.0.4.bin
2fb1e2ce7e58f47b5dfd44960542cee3feeba222  Update_kindle_5.1.0.bin
b9a23bc6ab6d1ca780f677f1a6ba42ae38fdfb4b  Update_kindle_5.1.2.bin

shasum -a 256:
Spoiler:
Code:
c9842cd5a3eee3b4400d22b827af229a46cdd7f66c7fcc604ef4a73e4b77b8a0  Update_kindle_5.0.3.bin
4a4f375281335abc598c4c5831e3f33c5e6d11f002014355207d27d46a7ca2a7  Update_kindle_5.0.4.bin
d5a8e475b611da3728d3103263951a242f2dc5c6273c54a55a1dadc33c2adf0a  Update_kindle_5.1.0.bin
e2023cb54cb176e0a64844e9870a3ec05411d4811f861c9a0278dfd573344b90  Update_kindle_5.1.2.bin
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #530
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by j101 View Post
Hi, ixtab's method has been working well up until the point where I have to use PuTTy as it keeps coming up with a "connection refused" message. Any tips?
Either sshd isn't started, or you are doing it over wifi....
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #531
(-_-)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: O_o
just a quick question:

I've already debricked; is it safe to delete the mmcblk0p1 file from the kindle here?
(it's a big file) Or should I leave it there?

PS: I copied everything off of the k5 demo, would anyone be interested in it?
(-_-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #532
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by (-_-) View Post
just a quick question:

I've already debricked; is it safe to delete the mmcblk0p1 file from the kindle here?
(it's a big file) Or should I leave it there?

PS: I copied everything off of the k5 demo, would anyone be interested in it?
The answer your questions are yes / no / yes.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #533
(-_-)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: O_o
Demo K5 files:

[Deleted - Shortened URL - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-16-2014 at 07:47 AM.
(-_-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #534
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

10000 extra karma points to whoever first announces the "magic key" on the new paperwhite kindle. I will probably need it soon after I receive my paperwhite, which will convert it into a "paperweight" until we figure out how to debrick that sucker.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-08-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #535
geekmaster

Yahoooo.... KT Debricked!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098
I did not fix the usb problem, but on linux, it just re connnected automaticlly, and I m posting this from my kindle!!! Thanks
Great. So it really was a battery problem holding you back. We always tell people to charge their battery, and it can take up to 20 hours for a full charge.

I am glad it worked for you.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #536
digiridan
Enthusiast
digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Thinkpad Tablet

I'm getting (on my K3):
- conection error. Please reset the board and make sure the board in the boot strap mode
and
- failed to initial flash or do not support this flash, please reset the target
errors on ATK.
I'm open to any suggestions...
digiridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #537
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiridan View Post

I'm getting (on my K3):
- conection error. Please reset the board and make sure the board in the boot strap mode
and
- failed to initial flash or do not support this flash, please reset the target
errors on ATK.
I'm open to any suggestions...
Take a look at the battery charge level gage shown in your avatar.

The information in the post directly above yours may also help.

Last edited by knc1; 09-12-2012 at 02:59 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #538
geekmaster

I have a demo K4 and K5. The exported USB drive is zero MB, even when fully charged. Diags works on both models when using MfgTool to get to diags.

A good way to make "disable diags" menu work is to "display serial number as barcode" in the "device settings" menu (first item on main menu). It creates the missing XML file and folder (apparently), but exporting USB from diags did not seem to work. I will have to try it again later...

Select boot works fine with both of them, so debricking should be easy. I want to backup the demo partitions first...

EDIT: It appears that the white "DEMO" and "NOT FOR SALE" labels on the bezels are etched into the surface, and filled in with white paint. Removing the white paint reveals the deep etching and black plastic exposed in the etch. Even filling them in with a matching dark silver paint would not completely hide them. Amazon played that one smart. Reselling an "undemoed kindle" is a bad idea anyway. But you could fill them in and repaint the entire top surface of the bezel.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-19-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #539
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Goes looking for his tube of JB-Patch and can of spray paint for plastic. . . . .
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:30 PM   #540
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Goes looking for his tube of JB-Patch and can of spray paint for plastic. . . . .
Did ixtab repackage his JBPatch in a tube now?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175512

Although JB-Weld or Bondo may work fine though.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-19-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Tags
debricking