Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 04-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
Wemmick
Wemmick began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Sophocles: Oedipus Tyrannus (Ancient Greek). v1. 7 April 2011

I wanted a Kindle version of Oedipus Tyrannus in ancient Greek for my Sophocles class, but couldn't find one.

So I made my own.

I used sources from the Perseus Project and figured out how to display line numbers on the Kindle (using tables).

I doubt many people want to read Ancient Greek texts on a Kindle, but this seemed like the best place to share it on the off chance someone else could benefit from my work.

Feedback is welcome.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: mobi Oedipus Tyrannus.mobi (299.9 KB, 311 views)

Last edited by Wemmick; 05-06-2012 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Uploaded a new version fixing a few small errors in the text.
Wemmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Sounds like an excellent reason to produce a Kindle version of any book. While ancient Greek is, well, 'Greek to me', I can understand wanting a book that isn't out as a Kindle and deciding to make one since it either doesn't exist, is impossible to find, or (at least with the old PD books) a publisher wants more than a person wants to spend to get their version. That's one reason I like Mobileread so much. You can find good quality PD books without spending a lot of $ to get them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wemmick View Post
I wanted a Kindle version of Oedipus Tyrannus in ancient Greek for my Sophocles class, but couldn't find one.

So I made my own.

Feedback is welcome.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
ancient greek