Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-24-2011, 04:15 AM   #1
markvdvelde
Connoisseur
markvdvelde began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Wireless and USB transfer

I love that fact that Calibre can wireless send files to my Kindle. But, sometimes I want to use the USB cable. Is it possible to choose wireless transfer as the default option unless Kindle is connected via USB?

Thanks, Mark
markvdvelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:52 AM   #2
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
When I want to send wirelessly I click Connect/Share and email the document to my Kindle.

When I want to send via USB I plug it in and wait for Calibre to recognize the device, then a new icon appears on the Toolbar and I click "Send to Device."
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
You beat me to it, i was going to suggest the same thing - when i press on send to my device, email it to my kindle account or via USB when connected.

But Calibre forum seems like more logical place to place this suggestion
Starko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:41 AM   #4
markvdvelde
Connoisseur
markvdvelde began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks. The problem is that I basically want Calibre to send it to Kindle wirelessly, but not always. However, the situation is now that as soon as Calibre has downloaded a file it will send it to Kindle, even when it is connected with a cable.

I guess after a file is downloaded you choose to send it wirelessly? But it is possible to send it wirelessly by default... unless Kindle is USB-connected? The default wireless option is useful in case I am away from home but in a wifi-area. I can ask my girlfriend to run Calibre, simple as that, no need to click anything. But when I am home, I sometimes want to transfer a file via USB without changing the default wireless setting. And I am not sure that's possible...?
markvdvelde is offline   Reply With Quote