Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
Alda
Zealot
Alda began at the beginning.

Device: none
Why does Sigil disappear from my computer?

Hi,

I've used Sigil a few times now and am very impressed. It's totally demystified eBook editing for me and made it really easy and fun.

However, I am still mystified by one thing: every time I restart my machine it seems Sigil disappears and I have to download it again.

Am I missing something here? I thought I saved it to my machine but evidently not...

Can anyone advise on how I can keep it saved so I don't have to keep downloading it anew?

Thanks!
Alda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alda View Post
Hi,

I've used Sigil a few times now and am very impressed. It's totally demystified eBook editing for me and made it really easy and fun.

However, I am still mystified by one thing: every time I restart my machine it seems Sigil disappears and I have to download it again.

Am I missing something here? I thought I saved it to my machine but evidently not...

Can anyone advise on how I can keep it saved so I don't have to keep downloading it anew?

Thanks!
Check your Anti-Virus logs.
Sigil changed installers a few versions ago and some A/V consider the installer-program installed to be Malware.

If you A/V deletes Sigil, Make your decision and decide if you wish to 'white-list' Sigil.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #3
Alda
Zealot
Alda began at the beginning.

Device: none
I use a Mac and don't have antivirus software installed.
Alda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:02 AM   #4
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alda View Post
I use a Mac and don't have antivirus software installed.
Because it really, really hates Steve Jobs?

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Perhaps it has not been approved by Apple because Valloric doesn't want to pay 30% of his income...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Perhaps it has not been approved by Apple because Valloric doesn't want to pay 30% of his income...
Someone has to pay for Job's retirement.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote