Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-24-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Bookeen's had it too easy!

I want RTF, LIT and LRF support!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
How long can you wait?
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2009, 04:25 PM   #3
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Frain_K View Post
How long can you wait?
I'm an unofficial (bar-sinister side of the family) member of the WrightNow clan. I, and didn't you see this coming, want it RIGHT NOW!

Derek
Old 12-24-2009, 04:39 PM   #4
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
I'm an unofficial (bar-sinister side of the family) member of the WrightNow clan. I, and didn't you see this coming, want it RIGHT NOW!
How could I have possibly missed that
How about you write a mail?
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #5
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
Quote:
I'm also missing the ROFL support ...
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2009, 08:46 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

Derek
Calibre
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:58 AM   #7
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Thom View Post
I'm also missing the ROFL support ...
Plenty of people on this forum support that feature

(I won't name annyone )
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:34 PM   #8
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Calibre
Ummm... I mean directly on the Cybook... Without having to run it through Calibre...

Derek
Old 01-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #9
emaxt6
emaxt6 began at the beginning.

Device: gen3
Quote:

Derek
Rotfl really... people here had to wait the end of 2009 (I repeat 2009) to have a bare "folder navigation" and still they greet this feature as advanced technology while the rest of the world use metadata driven and tag based catalog and advanced searches...
emaxt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:03 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by emaxt6 View Post
Rotfl really... people here had to wait the end of 2009 (I repeat 2009) to have a bare "folder navigation" and still they greet this feature as advanced technology while the rest of the world use metadata driven and tag based catalog and advanced searches...
Actually, folder-based storage is rather the exception in the eBook world. Neither Sony, Amazon, nor B&N have it, although the Sony has a crude single-level "pseudo-folder" facility called "collections".

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to what eBook readers have this "metadata driven and tag based catalog and advanced searches" that you are lauding?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #11
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
I like folders, meta data are setted by editor, folders be me. So I sort my books the way I want.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:24 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
I like folders, meta data are setted by editor, folders be me. So I sort my books the way I want.
Totally agree with you, Eowyn.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #13
emaxt6
emaxt6 began at the beginning.

Device: gen3
Yeah, I like folders too and they are fine but I think the future directions are to include a more refined "tag" (or collections like "sonies", named it as you want) in ebook systems.
"Tags" allows logical views and I think are more related to the "nature" of a book ( this is actually the system most physical libraries adopt);
a hierarchy (like a filesystem, father-son) force you to think in a forward and oneway static direction.
Let's say that I have mine well done folders in cybook based on author name, it's ok and works well, but what if I need to add another layer of categorization in my current collection now.

ie. I can classify "The Pathology of Normality" with attributes like "E. Fromm", "Sociology", "Psychology" and maybe "Anthropology".
The book will appear in all the above aforementioned logical folders (or tags) among others with the same specific tags.

For example Calibre supports this kind of view and - yes - one can say that in the current landscape the implementation attempt of this concept is quite bare, but I definitely say that this will definitely be the standard to go in current and future ebook software.
emaxt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #14
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Yeah, I like folders too and they are fine but I think the future directions are to include a more refined "tag" (or collections like "sonies", named it as you want) in ebook systems.
Please no !
Tags on mp3 makes enough a mess of my life, i'm quite happy with NOT using them for e-books.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:52 PM   #15
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by emaxt6 View Post
"Tags" allows logical views and I think are more related to the "nature" of a book ( this is actually the system most physical libraries adopt);
Libraries uses a hierarchical system since you usually do not place the same book in more than one place.

Quote:
a hierarchy (like a filesystem, father-son) force you to think in a forward and oneway static direction.
Let's say that I have mine well done folders in cybook based on author name, it's ok and works well, but what if I need to add another layer of categorization in my current collection now.

ie. I can classify "The Pathology of Normality" with attributes like "E. Fromm", "Sociology", "Psychology" and maybe "Anthropology".
The book will appear in all the above aforementioned logical folders (or tags) among others with the same specific tags.

For example Calibre supports this kind of view and - yes - one can say that in the current landscape the implementation attempt of this concept is quite bare, but I definitely say that this will definitely be the standard to go in current and future ebook software.
One level tags becomes pretty useless when you have thousand tags...
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote