Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-19-2008, 07:53 AM   #1
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Descending title sort

Hello,

No matter what I do and what state I leave calibre in when I close it, it always starts out with the books sorted in descending order by Title (Xenocide, Xanth 26, ...).

I looked in the configuration but couldn't find an option for a default sort. I assumed it would be by latest date.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC, it either always sorts by date or by whatever you last sorted on.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:56 AM   #3
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well I always end up having to change the sort to Date descending, but whenever I launch it, it shows up in Title descending. In other words, it's not saving my last used sort.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:58 AM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplumey View Post
Well I always end up having to change the sort to Date descending, but whenever I launch it, it shows up in Title descending. In other words, it's not saving my last used sort.
Are you adding books? When ever you add books the sort automatically switches to the Date column.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:57 PM   #5
astrodad
Guru

Good question, but no. And it only does this on the Mac version. Lately. I'm simply using the software to launch an EPUB viewer to read from my desktop.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Good question, but no. And it only does this on the Mac version. Lately. I'm simply using the software to launch an EPUB viewer to read from my desktop.
Ok... I just upgraded from .107 to .117 and I can duplicate this. If I close using ⌘Q or the calibre menu it does NOT save the sort. However, if I use the Quit Calibre from the icon menu on the right side, it does.

Also, I would really prefer if that icon menu item didn't show up on my Mac. There really is no reason to have it. It really provides no information or functionality that I see.

BOb
Old 12-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What icon menu item?
Old 12-22-2008, 06:39 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
What icon menu item?
When I run calibre I get the calibre icon in the menu bar on the right side. (It is like the "Mac" tray I guess. Not sure what it is called.)

Attached.

BOb
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	309
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	19699  
Old 12-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You can disable that (i think) in the interface section of the config dialog.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You can disable that (i think) in the interface section of the config dialog.
Ah... I see it. Thanks.

But... the sorting not being saved unless I quit using that icon.

BOb
Old 12-22-2008, 10:03 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

opena ticket, I'm travelling right now and dont have access to an os x machine
Old 12-23-2008, 12:27 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
opena ticket, I'm travelling right now and dont have access to an os x machine
Done. I also did more testing and found this only happens with the "tray" icon is enabled. If you disable it the saving works fine.

BOb
Old 12-23-2008, 12:28 PM   #13
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Disable the "tray" icon in your configuration and it will work properly again.

BOb
Old 12-23-2008, 01:18 PM   #14
astrodad
Guru

Done.

http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/ticket/1440
Old 12-23-2008, 01:34 PM   #15
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
opps..now he has two reports on this. So he will have to fix it twice.

BOb