Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #16
phonetichalo
phonetichalo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
ok, so it mounts fine on my mac running snow leopard!

so does that mean its just an apple lion issue?

or maybe a usb issue on my mac book air??

just wait for an update?
phonetichalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:45 AM   #17
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I don't have any ideas for you, but I can say my Kobo Glo mounts fine on OS X 10.8.2. Any FAT-formatted disk should mount with no problems on a Mac. Try selecting the volume and select "Verify Disk" under the first aid tab in Disk Utility.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #18
phonetichalo

hmm i dont understand lol

think i should take it back for another? just strange it work on everything but my mac book air
Old 10-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #19
phonetichalo

From my iMac :S

Old 10-06-2012, 10:16 AM   #20
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonetichalo View Post
hmm i dont understand lol

think i should take it back for another? just strange it work on everything but my mac book air
You could try a factory reset. Then connect it to the Mac book air first.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #21
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I see you're using the cable that came with it. Have you tried a different cable? Could be something small wrong with the cable that won't let it communicate properly. USB cable issues in general aren't uncommon.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #22
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonetichalo View Post
From my iMac :S

Make sure you do it on the Kobo ereader volume, not the disk holding it.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #23
phonetichalo

Quote:
Make sure you do it on the Kobo ereader volume, not the disk holding it.
that was the volume selected. im thinking is more a usb issue on the macbook air but no idea how to work it out.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #24
tea2
Zealot
tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tea2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd ed, Kindle 2, iPad Mini 4, Aura One.
As a point of comparison, I have a Macbook Air (2011) running 10.7.4 and I just bought a new Glo today. Machine recognized it fine for setup & subsequent sideloading.

I thought I had read somewhere of problems with the new Airs and USB 3.

Edit: The newest Calibre recognizes it too.

Last edited by tea2; 10-06-2012 at 08:31 PM.
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:24 AM   #25
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Are you plugging the ebook directly into the Mac, or into a USB hub that is connected to the Mac?
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote