Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 11:17 PM   #1
abhiroopb
abhiroopb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle 3 - Page refresh slows

After reading on my new Kindle 3 for about 20-30 minutes, the page refresh becomes slower.

It's only about 1 s more but the effect is quite strange. It looks like the older page remains for an extra sound.

Is there any reason why this is happening?

Thanks!
abhiroopb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:35 PM   #2
grzzly
Enthusiast
grzzly began at the beginning.

Could it be you are reading in direct sunlight or in warm conditions? I don't know if I am imagining it, but it seems to me the page turns are slower in direct sunlight. If this is what you are referring to, I do not know.

In fact, I don't even know if it is just my imagination or an actual e-ink phenomenon.
grzzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
abhiroopb

Well I'm in Singapore so it is warm...but not that hot I guess.

Will keep looking

Thanks
Old 09-14-2010, 01:36 AM   #4
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
My page turns were seemed slow and used to irritate me until I applied the new 3.0.1 firmware and it's been speedy ever since. Also it could happen if your Kindle is still indexing a lot of books which you've recently put on the device - this can also result in a sluggishness.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:37 AM   #5
abhiroopb

Thanks..indexing is finished and I have also updated the firmware.
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 07:04 AM   #6
grzzly
Enthusiast
grzzly began at the beginning.

It would still interest me if other people have the same hallucinations as me ^^
grzzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #7
readslow
readslow has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readslow has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readslow has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.readslow has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I upgraded mine to 3.0.1 and everything was working fine. This morning, I started seeing the slower page refreshes. Before, it was really quick...just a quick flash of black and then the next page. When it slowed, there was a full second of black and then the new page. I just restarted it and the refresh is improved, but still a little slower than I recalled from last night's reading. I am not in direct sunlight and there is no indexing going on.
readslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #8
diokdin
Groupie
diokdin began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4, Astak EZ Pocket Pro, Kindle 3 3G
Maybe it's a memory leaked? Hopefully Amazon can fix it with yet another firmware update.
diokdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:07 PM   #9
laurie_lu
Connoisseur
laurie_lu doesn't litterlaurie_lu doesn't litterlaurie_lu doesn't litter

Device: none
There are lots of similar complaints over at the Kindle Boards website.
laurie_lu is offline   Reply With Quote