Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #1
BartZorn
BartZorn began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
File selection widget

Hello,

In Sigil 0.5.3, when I want to add an existing file to f.i. the Images folder, I get a normal Windows file selection widget.

In Sigil 0.6.2, this widget seems to be replaced with a widget which I have not seen in any other application and which offers far less options. What is more, when I direct it to display all file types, it still hides JPG files! Kind of troublesome when I want to add some image to the Images folder!

Can I change this myself or is it something deeper in Sigil?

TIA,

Bart
BartZorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Hi Bart - Welcome to the forum.

I am not able to duplicate your issue. When I click on the "add existing file" button (the big plus) or select File/add/existing files... from the menu I get a file selection dialogue. The "Files of type" at the bottom is already selected to (*) and I can see all files including .jpg.

Perhaps you need to uninstall and re-install??
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I think they did it this way for 2 reasons:
1) Multi platform constraints
2) they may have jst done a 'general' Add Existing

If it was NOT #1, I will second the request for a context sensitive Add existing.
(Right-click in the folder type Only gets a list of valid extensions for that folder. Use the Main Menu and you get the *.* )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #4
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
(Right-click in the folder type Only gets a list of valid extensions for that folder. Use the Main Menu and you get the *.* )
I just checked that...it seems that you still get the *.* when you right click in the folder list. Sigil just puts the file in the correct folder.

Bart, what operating system do you have Sigil installed on?
Old 01-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
I just checked that...it seems that you still get the *.* when you right click in the folder list. Sigil just puts the file in the correct folder.

Bart, what operating system do you have Sigil installed on?
I was making a suggestion (and confirming *.* is the current operation)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2013, 02:19 AM   #6
BartZorn

I am using Windows 7 64 bit with SP1 and all updates installed. I am using the 64 bit version of Sigil as well.

Bart
Old 01-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #7
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

I haven't tried the 64 but version of Sigil. I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling.

If that doesn't work uninstall and then try 32 bit Sigil. I can confirm that it runs great on Win7 64bit.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #8
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
A screenshot of the file selection dialog might help. I suspect that the window pane showing the list of files is not expanded. You should see on the right side about midway between top and bottom a small area to use for grabbing/selecting - click and drag it to expand the list.

The dialog is Qt's file dialog and was chosen because the native dialog didn't behave well with the progress dialog. It may be different now under Qt5 so I'll test it.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:41 AM   #9
BartZorn

I have now uninstalled 0.5.3 and reinstalled 0.6.2 64 bit. "Add existing files" now works OK. JPG files are correctly displayed in the file selection widget.

I have no idea what could have been wrong and we will probably never know.

Thanks for your responses!

Bart