Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #31
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
@paolamanzini: ... it might well be that the bug no1 doesn't exist. But I don't speak italian. Did you notice any wrong word wrapping at the end of a line?
review is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #32
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

I updated the script a bit so that the table of contents looks better more tidy now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip corriere.zip (614 Bytes, 160 views)
Advert
Old 01-09-2011, 08:46 PM   #33
review
Addict

RSS script including connect and disconnect

Finally I found how to programatically turn on the internet connection and disconnect immediately after all is downloaded.

So, this obviously means there is no need now to start first the webbrowser.

Also I uploded on the German thread two RSS scripts for two German Newsagencies.
Attached Files
File Type: zip corriere.zip (638 Bytes, 178 views)
Old 01-10-2011, 04:58 AM   #34
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
review, this is excellent!
I installed your new app, and it did connect, download and disconenct (only difference with respect to the previous version is that now I see now hourglass while the news are being downloaded, btu you realise when it has done because the page with the list of apps refreshes).
The table of contents looks much neater (there are no page numbers, but frankly they are not needed).

As for "bug 1", it did look like it was there in teh previous version (some words were "cut" in strange places - at any rate, it does work fine now, and TTS is workin fine.

Some articles, if capitalised, are read as single letters (e.g. LA PREVISONE, trad. THE FORECAST, is read "L" "A" PREVISIONE), but it is a minor thing, as it only happens in capitalised titles, at least so it seems.

In short, it does work great, many thanks and karma!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:39 AM   #35
review
Addict

message during download

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post
... now I see now hourglass while the news are being downloaded
Hello paolamanzini,
Thanks for the karma. The RSS scripts have received a great interest in the german forum. There has been also some more discussion on the features of the script. One of the latest additions is a full screen notice during the download process. This program can be downloaded here and has to be copied into games on the internal memory. You don't run this app it will be executed from the script. The script is updated to use this app.

Also, I might have some time during the weekend for some more scripts. So if you (or someone else) want some more feeds just post them here. Preferable those feeds should be english so that more people can enjoy them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip corriere.zip (663 Bytes, 201 views)
Advert
Old 01-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #36
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
jsut tried it, works perfectly!

Well then if I can add two requests: one is for the London Review of Books. The RSS is here:
http://www.lrb.co.uk/lrbrss.xml

This periodical requires a subscription, which I have, so it would be nice if I could feed it in once and for all - but please no hassle if it is too complicated!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:31 AM   #37
alfredo87
alfredo87 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 603
review:
the guardian and observer would be a great addition to this: congrats for the good work!
I read on a 603 pro and loving it...
alfredo
alfredo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 09:07 AM   #38
pini
pini began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903, iPod touch
Cool rss pdf newspaper

@review

Hi, I'll stick to this thread although it's named a bit unrecognisable.
Since I've received my 903 I've been trying to read my newspaper on it and it works!
BUT, the rss is very short, say crippled, it doesn't come close to any completeness of a paper.
The full paper is accessible (I'm a subscriber) as pdf and quite readible I must say, but downloading all separate pages is a bit of pain, so there's my challenge!

I'd like to have an app (rss doesn't seem too appropriate), that simply downloads all pdf's of a day into a newly created folder.

I did look into the files myself:
the source of the 'online' version of the newspaper (http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk-online/) directs me to the 'current' day and has a number of lines like:

<option value="VKN01_001" selected="selected">001 Ten Eerste</option>
<option value="VKN01_002">002-003 Ten Eerste</option>
<option value="VKN01_004">004-005 Ten Eerste</option>
<option value="VKN01_006">006-007 Ten Eerste</option>
<option value="VKN01_008">008-009 Binnenland</option>
<option value="VKN02_001">001 V Cover</option>
<option value="VKN02_002">002-003 V Opening</option>
<option value="VKN02_016">016-017 V RTV</option>
<option value="VKN02_018">018-019 V Service</option>
<option value="VKN02_020">020 V DIDU</option>

these differ daily and contain the pages that are available THAT day; so these are 'parts' (VKN01, VKN02, might be many more, and VKM01 on saturdays) and page numbers (double pages, so only even numbered: 001, 002, 004, etc)

the current date is in the upper line of this section:
<option value="20110628">dinsdag 28 juni 2011</option>
<option value="20110627">maandag 27 juni 2011</option>
<option value="20110625">zaterdag 25 juni 2011</option>

combining these leads to the wanted URLs:
http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk-online/V...01_page001.pdf
http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk-online/V...01_page002.pdf
http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk-online/V...02_page020.pdf

I would probably be able to parse these out (then need to find-out how to actually load them etc.)

My real problem arises when I need to fill in my credentials. If not logged in, you get referred to a completely different page and I am lost...

However, when downloading these pages 'manually' using miniori, the website remembers my previous login and allows me to download no-problemo...
I could of course pm my name/pass, but only if this is an interesting next little project to work on or if you're interested in a Dutch newspaper yourself of course ;-)

hope to hear/read from you
cheers,

pini
pini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:25 PM   #39
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
You might look at this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=139088 to see a script that someone else wrote for downloading files to their device. I'm sure your details are different (re cookies, logins,...), but it shows you the general approach to the problem.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:40 AM   #40
pini

Red face get wget

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
You might look at this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=139088 to see a script that someone else wrote for downloading files to their device. I'm sure your details are different (re cookies, logins,...), but it shows you the general approach to the problem.
Hi Rkomar,

thanx for the advice. Now busy rewriting this script (awk, my first tries at awk).
for wget. Can I simply use my systems' wget and copy that to the PocketBook? (I checked: it does support 'load-cookies'.

cheers,
pini

edit: script is running now on standard linux-box; porting must come...

Last edited by pini; 06-29-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:37 PM   #41
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by pini View Post
...Can I simply use my systems' wget and copy that to the PocketBook? (I checked: it does support 'load-cookies'.
Not unless your system is an arm system that uses the arm-linux-gnueabi ABI. x86-based software won't run on the PocketBook device. I've attached a gzipped copy of wget that comes from LoneTech's debian arm qemu system. Anyone that wants the source code can get it from Debian for the ARM version of the squeeze/sid release.
Attached Files
File Type: gz wget.gz (139.3 KB, 166 views)
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:59 AM   #42
pini

Red face cows 'n qemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Not unless your system is an arm system that uses the arm-linux-gnueabi ABI. x86-based software won't run on the PocketBook device. I've attached a gzipped copy of wget that comes from LoneTech's debian arm qemu system. Anyone that wants the source code can get it from Debian for the ARM version of the squeeze/sid release.
Thanx, rkomar,

I was just getting my feet wet and diving into qemu and Cows. This is a lot easier.
Up to the next hurdle ;-)
pini