Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-12-2017, 05:14 PM   #1
jswinden
Nameless Being

Does gifting or selling a Kindle restore special offers?

If I want to sell or gift my Voyage which I paid extra to unsubscribe to Special Offers, will those Special Offers return as soon as I deregister it, or will the Voyage remain unsubscribed to them? I'm hoping the unsubscribed status of the Voyage remains so the new owner doesn't have to pay for that.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:22 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
If I want to sell or gift my Voyage which I paid extra to unsubscribe to Special Offers, will those Special Offers return as soon as I deregister it, or will the Voyage remain unsubscribed to them? I'm hoping the unsubscribed status of the Voyage remains so the new owner doesn't have to pay for that.
It follows the device, so they will not also be charged.
(The status is recorded both on the device and in Amazon's database.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2017, 05:37 PM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It follows the device, so they will not also be charged.
(The status is recorded both on the device and in Amazon's database.)
That is what I assumed, and I'm glad it is the case. After all, the unsubscription fee for the Voyage was already paid and it should stick with the device. I just wasn't sure Amazon would agree with me on that though.