Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-13-2008, 07:17 PM   #16
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
William Mark Simmons' Chris Cséjthe series (starts with One Foot in the Grave) has some zombies, though it's mostly about vampires and werewolves.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:25 PM   #17
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
What's your favorite zombie book, uh?
Best zombie novel, bar none, is Green Eyes, by Lucius Shepard. But be warned that it's not the zombie novel you're expecting. No shuffling, rotting brain-eaters to be seen. The protagonist is a recently-revived corpse with a driving need to understand the nature of his existence. It's definitely in my top-five all time favorite books. I was thinking about contacting Mr. Shepard to enquire about whether an ebook edition is forthcoming (he's released other books electronically, and writes for electricstory.com)

Review 1
Review 2
Amazon.com customer reviews
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:38 AM   #18
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
Best zombie novel, bar none, is Green Eyes, by Lucius Shepard. But be warned that it's not the zombie novel you're expecting. No shuffling, rotting brain-eaters to be seen. The protagonist is a recently-revived corpse with a driving need to understand the nature of his existence. It's definitely in my top-five all time favorite books. I was thinking about contacting Mr. Shepard to enquire about whether an ebook edition is forthcoming (he's released other books electronically, and writes for electricstory.com)

Review 1
Review 2
Amazon.com customer reviews

An epistemological zombie novel sounds interesting. Even zombies have a right to question existence.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:53 AM   #19
cen
Connoisseur
cen doesn't littercen doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad (v1) / Sony Librie
Perfect, this should keep me going. I've been missing my zombie fix since David Moody's books, in particular, the Autumn series, were pulled before I got to finish/buy them.

Hopefully his new publisher will keep up with releasing the ebook versions.
cen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:22 AM   #20
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cen View Post
Perfect, this should keep me going. I've been missing my zombie fix since David Moody's books, in particular, the Autumn series, were pulled before I got to finish/buy them.

Hopefully his new publisher will keep up with releasing the ebook versions.
What do you mean they've been pulled? Are they no longer available in any form to read and/or purchase?

Say it ain't so....

Don
Old 11-15-2008, 11:29 AM   #21
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
David Moody's Autumn is in our Book upload section, thanks to JS Wolf.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:42 AM   #22
cen
Connoisseur

Quote:
What do you mean they've been pulled?
Any ebook shop that had them for sale previously no longer does. From what I can tell from his site, David Moody is in the process of moving to a new publisher so I guess this is why they are (hopefully temporarily) not available to buy.

Rather annoying as I had one more from the Autumn series to read and left it in my wishlist for too long rather than buying it.

Seeing as the Monster series appear to be Creative Commons licence does anyone happen to have a mobipocket version of them?
Old 11-15-2008, 01:21 PM   #23
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
David Moody's Autumn is in our Book upload section, thanks to JS Wolf.
I actually downloaded and read that story long before our site had it.

I just found out some information which may shed light on the availability issue: Apparently, there is a film negotiation going on (or even beyond the negotiation stage), and perhaps Moody feels the books will now sell very well once the movie comes out.

I'm speculating.

Don
Old 11-15-2008, 01:59 PM   #24
stxopher
Nameless Being

Made me go look at the original site I picked the Autumn series from (Moodys home page) and saw you were right. Nothing but a splash page saying it will be back up "late 2008". I remember the original page I got these from (over a year and half ago) mentioning it was in negotiations for a movie. Geez, that must take forever if they are just getting around to it.

Another reason I end up getting full series of ebooks if I liked the first one or two. Once I have them I can read them anytime, they don't take up space and I've still got them in my greedy little claws if something happens to the original sites.

Side note, like the Monster site. Explains the style of the books. Do like 'em. Now I can check out a few chapters of the vampire series too. Not big on vamps in particular but a sucker for occult adventure romps.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:59 PM   #25
cen
Connoisseur

Quote:
I just found out some information which may shed light on the availability issue: Apparently, there is a film negotiation going on (or even beyond the negotiation stage)
It's finished filming as far as I'm aware and I believe is supposed to be on DVD by the end of the year (originally planned for cinema release)

http://www.autumnthemovie.com/
Old 11-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #26
stxopher
Nameless Being

Followed the link and noticed they were planning to release it "sometime in the fall" followed by DVD release.

After watching that trailer, either they need a better feature editor or I understand why they are skipping a theatrical release. (Not to say that it looks bad. It just didn't look like it could compete with a lot of other movies for theater space. But in this day and age you really don't need to release in a theater to have a successful movie. 'Bout half of what I keep never saw a film house in this part of the country, much less city.)

But you know, that would make a heckuva DVD if it had the movie AND the books. Even a coupon number for a free or special set. Now THAT would be a reason for redoing you store site!
Old 11-19-2008, 09:27 AM   #27
Ulysses
Ulysses began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Cell by Stephen King, I liked it
Ulysses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:50 AM   #28
splat
Zealot
splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cen View Post
From what I can tell from his site, David Moody is in the process of moving to a new publisher so I guess this is why they are (hopefully temporarily) not available to buy.
His website has finally been updated and there is some info on the books

Quote:
The five book AUTUMN series has been acquired by my US publisher, Thomas Dunne Books. No publication dates have been set as yet, but this website will be updated as soon as more information is available.
It looks like TDB have embraced ebooks so we will hopefully see David Moody's books available again soon.
splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:40 PM   #29
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Richard Kadrey has a short short story entitled "Zombie" which is pretty cool.....

I believe I downloaded it from feedbooks.com

I can't find it on this site....if i am wrong, could someone please direct.........thanks!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:26 AM   #30
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Oh.. let's revice an old thread.

I enjoyed "Handling the Undead" by John Ajvide Lindqvist, it's kind of fun.

any other "new" Zombie novels out there?
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote