Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #91
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Not sure, but I don't want to find out......
Her name up in green lights, and mod-jetboots? I think that's the forum-equivalent of "omnipotence". Fortunately, she's not an angry Goddess, or there would be a fair whack of folks here currently getting dumped on by a rain of frogs.

Cheers,
Marc (High Gibbonate and Holy Disrespector)

...funny...where did those frogs come from....[rrrrRRRRBBBTTTTTCRRROAAKROAKRRBBTTTT....] Argh! Argh! Run away!
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #92
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Not sure, but I don't want to find out......

Okay, since you put it that way, mum's the word.

Uh, hi mum Z . . . didn't see you standing there.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 10:34 PM   #93
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
'sigh.............I'm dooomed, yet again........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:54 PM   #94
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
'sigh.............I'm dooomed, yet again........
Don't worry Gma, we'll protect your hoo-haa.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:59 PM   #95
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Don't worry Gma, we'll protect your hoo-haa.
Does she still have it? I though she lost it with that optical illusion she carried off before?

Cheers,
Marc
Advert
Old 05-28-2009, 11:06 PM   #96
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Does she still have it? I though she lost it with that optical illusion she carried off before?

Cheers,
Marc
She admitted that she still had it, but it was rather flat.

That's what she said.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:09 PM   #97
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
She admitted that she still had it, but it was rather flat.

That's what she said.
She must have been working out:

(http://club.anytimefitness.com/clubs/vacavilleca/)
Old 05-28-2009, 11:10 PM   #98
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:21 PM   #99
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Thank you all for the nice comments. I've enjoyed looking at people's creative works.

As for the grade 2's, I think I'm going for the simple tie on a dress-shirt card. Not exciting, but with the movie posters, thank you cards, etc, we've been asked to do up for next week, not a time-suck. Sorry dads! No pillows, tomatoes, etc for you!
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:17 AM   #100
Cassy
Zealot
Cassy began at the beginning.

Device: Silver Sony PRS 505
I make jewellery with handmade buttons its fun and relaxing. too bad i can't do it while reading!

i have a shop on etsy if anyone is interested! i won't link it in case it violates any forum rules
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:37 AM   #101
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
I make jewellery with handmade buttons its fun and relaxing. too bad i can't do it while reading!

i have a shop on etsy if anyone is interested! i won't link it in case it violates any forum rules
I'd love to see the link. Mods? Would this be violating policy??
Old 05-29-2009, 01:43 AM   #102
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
sweetpea, those origami forms are AMAZING !! i've done some origami myself and i like it a lot but nothing so complex, by far ! (also, you must have tiny little fingers to fold that last cube !!! it must be measured in micro-metres instead of millimetres !
I actually have short stubby fingers, but that's where tools come in handy

(and that smallest cube has a (what's the side of a cube called?) of 2mm, more or less...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
dg, that dirty car artist is unbelievable. but i see a problem with his work. if i had a car, and i discovered one of his pictures on it, i would never wash it again, and never drive it for fear of rain !!!
The same here! I'd even have to clean out the garage and make sure the car fits in there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
I mae jewellery with paper (you can see one pair of earrings hanging in the cabinet)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:16 AM   #103
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
OK I guess I will be the first geeky entry. Hope this is ok.

As I say in my signature I live with a number (currently 6) of semi autonomous robots. They are mostly built out of stock parts from hobby shops or robotics websites but all have custom programming and some of the electronics are designed and made by myself.

The yellow one in the picture below is probably the oldest one I currently have being somewhere between 10 to 15 years old. That one was an experiment in programming an artifical insect.

The red one is more recent. He has bluetooth for digital communications (with my PC and subsequently my lights and appliances), a voice for vocal communication, a digital compass and PID motor control for navigation and sonar and IR for collision avoidance. Oh and the cat loves to play with him because he reacts to moving objects. Again all custom code.

Right that's my geeky Show and Tell, sorry they are not pretty but it is what I do when I am not reading.

Pev
COOLEST. THING. EVER.

My other hobies include cuddling with my sweetheart, Playing an role playing game once in a while, and I just got into Wet shaving.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 05:05 AM   #104
Cassy
Zealot
Cassy began at the beginning.

Device: Silver Sony PRS 505
Here is an example!

Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:03 AM   #105
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Cover it with fish!!! On a plate, with the head!!!

You mean you don't want us to repeat this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
She must have been working out:

(http://club.anytimefitness.com/clubs/vacavilleca/)
Is that this newfangled toilet they're raving about?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote