Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-25-2010, 01:25 AM   #1
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
Kindle DX got new update today to 2.3.4

My DX seems even a bit faster than after the recent 2.3.3 update. My page turns are so fast anymore that I can hardly stand to use my Sony 505. Wish that Amazon would give us the ability to use Adobe Digital Editions Overdrive Library and then I would sell the Sony.
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:27 AM   #2
bt4wang
bt4wang began at the beginning.

Device: none
Where did you get the update? It's not on Amazon's website.
bt4wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2010, 05:29 AM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvshihtzu View Post
My DX seems even a bit faster than after the recent 2.3.3 update. My page turns are so fast anymore that I can hardly stand to use my Sony 505. Wish that Amazon would give us the ability to use Adobe Digital Editions Overdrive Library and then I would sell the Sony.
I don't find any mentioning of 2.3.4 on the Amazon webpage. Are you sure about the version?
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:00 AM   #4
guidol
Enthusiast
guidol began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bt4wang View Post
Where did you get the update? It's not on Amazon's website.
Couldnt also see any update at the Amazon-Page, but two threads
about it:

Thread 1:
Kindle 2.3.4

Thread 2:
WOW, Kindle CS just called me
guidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
unpdate_kindle_dx_2.3.4.bin

Does anybody have the file for manual update?
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2010, 05:30 PM   #6
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
No update here yet.
Makes me think whispernet has multiple servers and the update doesn't get to them at the same time. So I connect and it knows nothing about .4 yet.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:36 PM   #7
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
I wasn't expecting the newest 2.3.4 update, but others on the Amazon Kindle Forums and Kindle Board Forums have received it too. I had Whispernet on and then it automatically installed. A couple of people are also saying now that their Kindle2s are getting the update. My husband has my old K2 and so far no update.
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:05 PM   #8
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I hadn't even received the 2.3.3 update for my DX and now a new update is being pushed. Just manually updated my DX to 2.3.3 with no problem.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:14 PM   #9
Tyler_D
Tyler_D doesn't litterTyler_D doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
I had 2.3.3 for my Kindle DX but heard about 2.3.4, so I went to home>>menu>>settings>>menu and the "Update Your Kindle" option was available. I clicked it and now have version 2.3.4
Tyler_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:16 AM   #10
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I still haven't seen 2.3.4 yet. Is it Dx only?
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:48 PM   #11
Joerg_Mosthaf
Connoisseur
Joerg_Mosthaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2i, iPhone
I just got it on my Kindle 2i when I left wireless on to download a new book.
Quite a surprise to suddenly see the "Your Kindle is being updated" screen
Joerg_Mosthaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #12
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
It's still not on their site for manual upgrade. I've also left my wireless on and it hasn't pushed it in yet either.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:39 AM   #13
guidol
Enthusiast
guidol began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joerg_Mosthaf View Post
I just got it on my Kindle 2i when I left wireless on to download a new book.
Quite a surprise to suddenly see the "Your Kindle is being updated" screen
Hmm, Iam only around 100Km away from your location, but my Kindle 2i
doesnt make any attempt to receive a 2.3.4 update
guidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:25 AM   #14
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Just looked at my DX and it updated itself when I wasn't looking.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:56 AM   #15
BarryTX
Connoisseur
BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'BarryTX can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle 2
A reminder: if you are running any hack, such as the screensaver hack or font hack, the automatic update won't happen. Hacks need to be uninstalled before updating the operating system.
BarryTX is offline   Reply With Quote