Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #3781
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylined View Post
Hi Analgous

Please make a Zork version for the PRS-950, I would certainly try it

Many many thanks
Analogous has pointed out (several times) that he has no access to a 950 and while there seem no serious differences between 350 (which he has) and 650 (which he doesn't) there are enough differences in the 950 to require access... and also he is developing for his own use and providing his work for free to the rest of us... as a non-owner, isn't it a little unreasonable to expect the same free work for something of absolutely no personal benefit...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #3782
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2x Sony PRS-350; PRS-300 (†), Paperwhite (†), Voyage
As elcreative (thanks ;-) exposed that's very unreasonable.

I WOULD do this work though I have no personal benefit - giving back something to the community I regard as good. But I'm no developer (for me that means a lot of very time consuming work with my limited knowledge) and I have no 950 (it's unrealistic in my case making a 'blind flight' without a 'crash'). Even the edition for the 650 makes more troubles then the one for the 350 which I use exensively on my own reader.

What I could try to manage is a light-version without the new font size dialogue.

A.
Analogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #3783
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
The no-games version you very kindly provided for me a while back (and which I see is still there) worked perfectly, if that makes a difference. I'm using the latest Alpha release now, but I had your no-games edition installed for a long time with no negative issues at all.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:36 AM   #3784
Analogus
Fanatic
Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Analogus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi

If you are interested in a newer version without games - this would be a very easy task.

A.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #3785
Skylined
Skylined began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Zork for PRS-950

Hi Analgous

A no games version would be good
Skylined is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #3786
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
Hi

If you are interested in a newer version without games - this would be a very easy task.

A.
That's very kind of you A, I'd certainly appreciate that if you have the time and the inclination.

I actually thought of asking you for one, but I decided I might as well wait until 2.1 is finalised. That's dragging on though (no criticism, just observation. 2.1a does everything I need and more, without any hitches at all), so since you offered...
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #3787
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Question Invalid type error msg for 505

I just got a new 505 and want to load PRS+ on it. I transfered the installer to the reader (not putting it in any specific folder). I go through the steps but at the very end I get an error msg that says invalid type. I've attached the image since I can't get into Flickr to load the image to paste here. How do I fix this?

EDIT: I found the solution myself. I needed to update my Sony firmware first. Once I did that, PRS+ installed just fine. Now I can see the clock when I read.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prspi-screenshot.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	88002  

Last edited by BeccaAnn; 06-19-2012 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Fixed
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:23 AM   #3788
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
BeccaAnn

Glad you are back with a reader,
but you should realy try out PRS+ 2.1.01a it is pretty stable too.
Beside instant apply of user styles to epubs there is now also some kind of manual margin-cut (especially for but not limited to PDF's) and many more
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #3789
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
I used whatever was on the download site.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #3790
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Zork version

Hi!
I´m using a previous analogus version in my prs350 since some months ago and I just love it. Just like the last Zork version for prs 650 I just installed
Being able to change font size so easily is great (looking forward for the 'reset-CSS' function to work…)
Just one thing I´ve noticed (in case it has some interest for the development). When I use the dictionary in the prs 650 (the ones included in sony firmware) to look up a word, I open the dictionary window completely, and then I close it and go back again to the book, it appears a small number “2” in the left corner of the bottom black bar. If you close the book and open again is gone. Is that normal? Kind of funny anyways
Thanks for this job!!!
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:11 AM   #3791
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by colibris79 View Post
Hi!
...When I use the dictionary in the prs 650 (the ones included in sony firmware) to look up a word, I open the dictionary window completely, and then I close it and go back again to the book, it appears a small number “2” in the left corner of the bottom black bar. If you close the book and open again is gone. Is that normal? Kind of funny anyways
Thanks for this job!!!
Analogus replaced XS S M L XL XXL with numbers, so the 2 indicates base-font-size-setting of "S". The disappearing of the font-size-indicator is a Sony-bug and - I think - somehow fixed within the default-repository. - [Edit: so this fix may compromise ZORK-edition see below \EDIT]

Last edited by Mark Nord; 06-29-2012 at 06:04 AM. Reason: typo
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:37 AM   #3792
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Thanks for the answer, Mark!
Old 06-29-2012, 03:45 AM   #3793
Analogus
Fanatic

colibris79:

In case of the ZORK edition I deaktivated the font-size-symbols completely. So not observing the small 'S' or '2' is intention, appearing is a glitch. Never recognized it before because I never use the DIC that way.

A.

Last edited by Analogus; 06-29-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:53 AM   #3794
colibris79
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogus View Post
colibris79:

In case of the ZORK edition I deaktivated the font-size-symbols completely. So not to see the small 'S' is intention, appearing is a glitch. Never recognizes it before because I never use the DIC that way.

A.
Hehe, yep, I thought so. Thanks again for this mod!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #3795
colibris79
Zealot

Got the battery-drain issue... Got back to PRS+ 2.0.18 and solved.