Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
taoofpu2
Enthusiast
taoofpu2 is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad mini 4, iPad 3
eBook on K3 & Kfire:two different location #s??

I converted a mobi book taking out PDOC but when loaded on my devices the location numbers are different making the "sync to furthest page" less useful when reading on one device and then switching to the other. I chose "old" for conversion. KFire is 6.3.1 and K3 is at 3.4. Am I doing something wrong?
taoofpu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by taoofpu2 View Post
I converted a mobi book taking out PDOC but when loaded on my devices the location numbers are different making the "sync to furthest page" less useful when reading on one device and then switching to the other. I chose "old" for conversion. KFire is 6.3.1 and K3 is at 3.4. Am I doing something wrong?
The only way I know to get this to work is to send the book as a Pdoc to both Kindles.

You can sync Kindle Fire to Kindle but not Kindle to Kindle Fire. There is a work around. Sync the book on your Kindle then open the KF and go to the book located in documents\Cloud and click remove from Device then redownload. Open the book it should not be sync in the right place. You have to do this each time you want the latest page after reading on the K3.

I have no idea if this is fixed on the latest KFs. Syncing is really wonky on the KFv1.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
taoofpu2
Enthusiast
taoofpu2 is on a distinguished road

Device: iPad mini 4, iPad 3
Thanks for the tip Blossom. I seem to be syncing just fine and both K3 and KF sync but the difficulty is, once converted without the PDOC tag, when I send the ebooks to the two readers the location numbers are different. I haven't seen this in the past. What happens then is when I read and close one device then synch with the other, it receives the location number from sync but since the ebooks location numbers are different, the furthest location # takes me to the wrong place in the second device. I haven't seen anyone else comment on this so it might just be me! Deleting and reloading the book on both devices keeps giving me the same result. (It has happened on 4 different books lately.) I'll keep trying and post if I find a solution.
taoofpu2 is offline   Reply With Quote