Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-11-2011, 02:07 AM   #1
AlwaysReading
AlwaysReading began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, iTouch
Sony 350. EPUBs open in Calibre but error on Sony.

I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem I'm having with Calibre and my PRS-350.

Twice I have purchased author self-published books from Barnes and Noble. Two different authors. I download the books, imported them to Calibre using Ignoble 0.1.2. I can open them in Calibre just fine. However on my sony I get a triangle with exclamation point "Page Error!" In both cases other books by the same author, acquired through the same process, work in both locations.

The first time this happened I thought perhaps the file was corrupted so I deleted the file from Calibre and the Sony, re-downloaded them and re-imported them. Same problem. When it happened to a second book, I again deleted and re-downloaded and re-imported with the same result. I'm currently using Calibre 0.7.56. The first time this happened, I had an older version.

In both cases I bought other books by those authors and they worked just fine. I've had no other problems with my Barnes and Noble purchases.

So I have two books that I'll have to sit at my computer to read unless someone reading this can help me out.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by AlwaysReading; 06-11-2011 at 02:09 AM. Reason: added Calibre version number
AlwaysReading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:42 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I have had several books that my 300 couldn't handle. Sometimes the book wouldn't open at all, and sometimes it would shut down flipping from a given page to the next.

Looking at the books with sigil, a common problem was that the book had no split points. My reader can't handle multi-megabyte internal page files.

In all my cases, converting from EPUB to EPUB fixed the book.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2011, 11:29 PM   #3
AlwaysReading
AlwaysReading began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, iTouch
Thanks, Charles. I now can read both books on the Sony. Epub to epub fixed this and also a cover problem I was having. This will now be my first response to seemingly random glitches. It's time I learned sigil, too.

Debra
AlwaysReading is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, page error, prs 350