Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-24-2011, 10:41 AM   #76
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
2GB storage with mSD card slot.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:41 AM   #77
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrow24 View Post
I don't see where the battery not being user replacable is that big of a deal. By time the battery goes out you will likely be looking to by the next new model anyway.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #78
mcrow24
Connoisseur
mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.mcrow24 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle,Augen "The book", Nook
$119 for the base Nook from here on out. Matches up nicely with the bottom end kindle now.
mcrow24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #79
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
2 months? It starts selling on june 10th
I'm thinking about today's date vs. the date that I brought my nook, which is about two months ago. So I guess I should really asked why I didn't wait two an half later to buy my nook.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #80
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarel View Post
Because I don't care about having a user-replaceable battery. I've never had to replace the battery on any ereader or recent electronic device.

But people are going to buy this anyway and all the talk of the Nook being superior to the Kindle is able to replace the battery will just disappear.
I agree they did take away a selling point. And while no you haven't had to replace a battery yet, one day you will.

I do think the kindle is going to have to drop the keyboard. Even the kobo makes the kindle look like something from the 80's.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2011, 10:43 AM   #81
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Device will be obsolete by the time it would need a new battery.

Course, same thing can be said for the Kindle. For god's sake there are still K1's running around!
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:44 AM   #82
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithbw View Post
I'm thinking about today's date vs. the date that I brought my nook, which is about two months ago. So I guess I should really asked why I didn't wait two an half later to buy my nook.
they kept this under wraps really well. Nobody knew anything until last week.

but still you have a fantastic ereader still. Ahhh this new stuff every other month is going drive us all broke
Old 05-24-2011, 10:44 AM   #83
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Quote:
I agree they did take away a selling point. And while no you haven't had to replace a battery yet, one day you will.

I do think the kindle is going to have to drop the keyboard. Even the kobo makes the kindle look like something from the 80's.

There are still k1's in working order, and if we're talking solely about ereader's, I'll be on a newer model by the time battery life becomes an issue. I love upgrades ^_^
Old 05-24-2011, 10:45 AM   #84
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Course, same thing can be said for the Kindle. For god's sake there are still K1's running around!
saw a K1 on the train yesterday. Damn those things were one ugly beasts. How in Sam hill did that thing sell?
Old 05-24-2011, 10:45 AM   #85
boswd
Banned

Quote:
There are still k1's in working order, and if we're talking solely about ereader's, I'll be on a newer model by the time battery life becomes an issue. I love upgrades ^_^

who doesn't
Old 05-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #86
Anarel
Evangelist

Quote:
saw a K1 on the train yesterday. Damn those things were one ugly beasts. How in Sam hill did that thing sell?
I believe it had 3g and lower book prices than Sony....

It is quite a sight....
Old 05-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #87
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
I like how it looks. It has character. And it works beautifully. I am getting ready to loan mine out to an unemployed friend so he can read what books I have.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #88
zespectre
BookMonkey
zespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texanzespectre might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: NOOK, iPod Touch, Asus Netbook
Quote:
Edit: Also, i just realized the top bezel is wider than the bottom. That's a bit unusual.
I suspect it's to give a place to clip LED lights for night reading.

Quote:
Device will be obsolete by the time it would need a new battery.
But obsolete doesn't mean worthless (except if the battery is no good). I have a Pocket PC IPAQ from 2002 that is terribly obsolete, and very useful for running some of my test equipment and the ONLY reason I can still use it is that the battery was replaceable.

I tend to hang on to my tech items a LOOOOONG time and find several ways to "re-purpose" them before I let them go.

Last edited by zespectre; 05-24-2011 at 10:51 AM.
zespectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:51 AM   #89
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I like how it looks. It has character. And it works beautifully. I am getting ready to loan mine out to an unemployed friend so he can read what books I have.
I guess that's true, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and you are right it certainly has character.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:52 AM   #90
Anarel
Evangelist

David Carnoy:
Everyone should be aware that Amazon will do this same device within the next few months. Just an FYI. There will be a smaller Kindle this Fall IMHO (with a touchscreen).

Uhh, dude.... you can't just say that....