Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
toastayy
Nameless Being

Unhappy I rooted, Yay! and then D:

Okay so I went ahead and rooted my Nook Color using Autonooter 3.0 since it was running 1.1 at the time. All was well, got everything working, downloaded awesome apps from the market, got really ecstatic and stuff.

Then I got the error B&N can't authenticate my Nook Color so it has to be reset

I was like nooo, but still had hope that it wouldn't factory reset it, just from some point after the rooting.

So it turns back on and gives me the andrioid guy to touch, I was like yesss, but then it wouldn't allow me to log into the google server, and it was like a duality between the Nook Color stock OS and the rooted Android OS.

Anyway, I decided to re-root, doing it at the moment, but was wondering if there is a way to prevent the authentication pop up? obviously that screws with the nice root I had going. Is it something I downloaded or did wrong?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #2
toastayy
Nameless Being

So..no one knows about this? :l
Advert
Old 03-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Did you register the Nook Color (with 1.1) prior to rooting?
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:52 AM   #4
toastayy
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Did you register the Nook Color (with 1.1) prior to rooting?
Yup it was updated to 1.1 for maybe a month or two before I rooted. Side note, I did re-root it and have not had any problems since...have my fingers crossed, thanks for the reply..makes me feel less alone heh
Old 03-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #5
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
I've seen a few reports of this, but no confirmation on what exactly the cause was.

If you want to make it painless to restore if it happens again, you can use Clockwork to backup your whole Nook onto your SD card ... (but be careful using clockwork if you used autonooter 3.0).
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
authentication, color, nook, root