Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-25-2010, 03:37 PM   #1
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Catalog question

How do I get a catalog either by author or by title with nothing else. Even when I get a catalog with the authors I also get the series info - which I don't want.

Thanks - John

Last edited by Jabby; 10-25-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
bigpallooka
Connoisseur
bigpallooka began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo/Tablet PC/Desktop/Laptop
When you have the catalog dialogue box open there is the option to check/un-check what you want to include ie. title, series etc
bigpallooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2010, 04:31 PM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
There's an option to create a series section when you create a catalog. If disabling that doesn't get you what you want, try using calibredb catalog in the command line and specify only title and author fields.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
There's an option to create a series section when you create a catalog. If disabling that doesn't get you what you want, try using calibredb catalog in the command line and specify only title and author fields.
I tried the uncheck thing - no help. I read about the command line option somewhere but I will have look it up again. I don't even know where I would enter that stuff after I figured it out - in the search box?

Nothing ever comes easy John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:19 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
I tried the uncheck thing - no help. I read about the command line option somewhere but I will have look it up again. I don't even know where I would enter that stuff after I figured it out - in the search box?
Uhm, no- in your operating system's command line.
Advert
Old 10-27-2010, 08:48 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Uhm, no- in your operating system's command line.
I thought it was the special job control card atr the start of the deck.

Between MAC's and Winblows, the current generation has lost the understanding of how to really wring out the power of a computer..

The GUI is a "shortcut" to those underlying commands.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:06 AM   #7
Manichean
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I thought it was the special job control card atr the start of the deck.
Wait, what? I didn't get that reference.

Quote:
Between MAC's and Winblows, the current generation has lost the understanding of how to really wring out the power of a computer..

The GUI is a "shortcut" to those underlying commands.
Yeah, I'm amazed at how lucky I was that my very first personal computer was a 8087 (back in 1996, but hey, it was my own). I hand-built every x86 system there was (except for the 80286) up to the Pentium 1 (and a few since then, but I skipped more models), trashed DOS and several flavors of Windows quite often and reinstalled more times than I care to count. All that has taught me the practical side of how computers work really well. I think that's what most kids are missing today.
(In between I also taught myself how to program, that's another thing many modern users neglect.)

Last edited by Manichean; 10-27-2010 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Fixed BBCode.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:10 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Wait, what? I didn't get that reference.
IBM Mainframe, Key Punched cards, Punch card readers with Operators...

Each line of code was on a separate card.

The Job control told the system about what would follow: Program to use... Where to send the output (Punch other cards, line printer:
NB Mainframe jargon, you set your "Punch Device" to a Printer, Tape, Card punch and later on DASD volume, CRT.

There was an "end" card in the deck,

there may have been "data cards"

Been a long time (c 1976)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:33 AM   #9
Manichean
Wizard

Ah, thanks for the clarification.