Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #346
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mes View Post
I don't know what the Prefix_Index pages is.
Index source for information links... this should point you in the right direction (I think).
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #347
press88
press88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Where is the update_jailbreak_1.7.N_uninstall.bin ???
press88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #348
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by press88 View Post
Where is the update_jailbreak_1.7.N_uninstall.bin ???
Inside of the zip file of similar name attached to the first post of this thread.
You DID read the first post, didn't you?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #349
azeus
azeus began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Touch
Hello experts

I'm looking for some help, I have a kindle touch FW 5.1.2 AD sponsored.

I jailbroken my device using the MP3 method, I installed the usbnet and used it to remove the AD and custom my screen saver.

Now I want to upgrade to the latest FW 5.3.2.1 but I'm getting error 006

I don't know how to deal with this, I used update_jailbreak_bridge_1.7.N_install.bin before applying the 5.3.2.1 but I'm still getting the same error.

I tried kindle_touch_custom_screensaver_1.0 and AdToggle_2.2_two-profiles to undo my modifications but FW 5.3.2.1 is still not successful.

Any idea how to deal with this situation pls?

Tks for your help.
azeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #350
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Contact Amazon to have the ADs removed.
KUBRICK back to 5.1.2
Then continue with the changes you want to make.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #351
azeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Contact Amazon to have the ADs removed.
KUBRICK back to 5.1.2
Then continue with the changes you want to make.
Tks knc1, I'll try KUBRICK... I'll keep you in touch
Old 05-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #352
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeus View Post
Tks knc1, I'll try KUBRICK... I'll keep you in touch
It will not remove the ads -
Policy change here at MR - we no longer support ad removal.

Contact Amazon customer service to have the ads removed **FIRST**
Old 05-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #353
azeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It will not remove the ads -
Policy change here at MR - we no longer support ad removal.

Contact Amazon customer service to have the ads removed **FIRST**
The ads is ok I can live with ^^ I want just to update my FW
Old 05-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #354
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeus View Post
The ads is ok I can live with ^^ I want just to update my FW
In your above post, you implied that you also wanted custom screensavers.
Which will not work on an ad (SO - Special Offers) supported Kindle.

Your choice, lose your custom screen savers or lose the SO ads.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #355
azeus

I said that I've jailbroken 1st time to remove ads and put custom screen saver but I don't need this any more I want just to update my FW. So I used Kubrick as you advised, and it just works.

Thank you so much for you great help
Old 07-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #356
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Update time!

* USBNetwork 0.8.N:
Updated binaries
Properly supports the latest 'international' PW models (Canada, Japan & Brazil)
Add a new setting to make dropbear quieter on login
And a shiny new KUAL extension to help with the settings!

* The JailBreak & Bridge has also been repackaged to support said PW models.

A quick note on the KUAL extension: It's been developed to make use of some features not yet available in the current release, so, on your devices, it might look a bit messy. Know that it'll automagically get better with the next KUAL release .

EDIT: Renamed the thread to mention USBNetwork, on knc1's advice .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-07-2013 at 04:57 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #357
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tweaked the first post a bit. (Basically, tries harder to get people to use ixtab's jb ).
Old 07-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #358
azaelcarrera
azaelcarrera began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi, I got a question. I have a Kindle Paperwhite with special offers and today I have asked Amazon to remove them, and they have done it for free (I think they have done it because I'm from México, and the special offers are only valid for US). Anyways, since the software version of my Kindle is 5.3.6 I have to make a downgrade to proceed with the jailbreak. My question is: There will be ads again on my Kindle after making the downgrade?

Thank you, and sorry for my english.

azaelcarrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:22 AM   #359
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaelcarrera View Post
Hi, I got a question. I have a Kindle Paperwhite with special offers and today I have asked Amazon to remove them, and they have done it for free (I think they have done it because I'm from México, and the special offers are only valid for US). Anyways, since the software version of my Kindle is 5.3.6 I have to make a downgrade to proceed with the jailbreak. My question is: There will be ads again on my Kindle after making the downgrade?

Thank you, and sorry for my english.

No. (In either Spanish or English)

The longer answer:
The control information of "Special Offers" is stored with other device and owner specific data on the Kindle.
Neither an Amazon "complete image" nor Kubrick will disturb that device and owner specific data area.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #360
NiLuJe
BLAM!

A quick round of updates

* USBNetwork 0.9.N:
Updated binaries

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch