Notices

Old 09-24-2007, 08:44 AM   #1
teanoah
Banned
teanoah began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs-500
TECHNICAL PDFS

Hi everybody,

I have a lot of math and physics ebooks in pdf format that are impossible to read on my Sony Reader PRS-500. The recommendations that I've been given so far have not really helped, for example 1) RasterFarian which converts a pdf to lrf does a poor job because the text is still too small and barely readable, 2) Book Designer not only removes all images when I upload a pdf, but most times it doesn't even load the pdf.

It really is the biggest disappointment with this ebook reader. For plain text it does the job and of course book designer is easy to use and effective when it comes to text.

Does anyone else have this problem?? What do you do to correct it? Is there an easy solution to this that won't require something too technical?

Thanks
teanoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 10:13 AM   #2
godel10
Connoisseur
godel10 doesn't littergodel10 doesn't littergodel10 doesn't litter

Device: Sony Librie, Irex DR1000S
Try pdflrf. This is the tool you have to use for technical documents. It is a great tool and very new.
godel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2007, 10:51 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try pdflrf. Does a great job.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:48 PM   #4
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
I'll say the same thing: try pdflrf. Experiment with both portrait and landscape modes. I've tons of math/stat books on reader, very good output from pdflrf.
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:09 AM   #5
gardenstate
Groupie
gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gardenstate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and PRS-950
If you need a WINDOWS GUI interface...load and run pdflrfwin -- it works GREAT!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13135

for batch conversion of pdf to lrf, see..

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?p=97727

CACAPEE has done a great job creating and sharing this program!!!! Much thanks....

Last edited by gardenstate; 09-25-2007 at 08:13 AM.
gardenstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert