Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-13-2010, 07:13 AM   #31
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
blueeyes

Welcome to mobileread ....

Free books available, follow the links in my signature line.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:39 PM   #32
roseprose
roseprose can eat soup with a fork.roseprose can eat soup with a fork.roseprose can eat soup with a fork.roseprose can eat soup with a fork.roseprose can eat soup with a fork.roseprose can eat soup with a fork.roseprose can eat soup with a fork.roseprose can eat soup with a fork.roseprose can eat soup with a fork.roseprose can eat soup with a fork.roseprose can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sony prs-950 daily edition
Mucho thanks to all. Now this noodnik newbie is excited to find e-books!
roseprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:00 AM   #33
Bookbee
Bookbee began at the beginning.

Device: jasondavis
Also, EbookAnt.com
Bookbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:12 PM   #34
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
a good list of links: http://kindlehome.wordpress.com/2011...indlelinks/#13
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:32 AM   #35
rpatter
Madam Mayhem
rpatter is no ebook tyro.rpatter is no ebook tyro.rpatter is no ebook tyro.rpatter is no ebook tyro.rpatter is no ebook tyro.rpatter is no ebook tyro.rpatter is no ebook tyro.rpatter is no ebook tyro.rpatter is no ebook tyro.rpatter is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle 3; Samsung Tab 10, Samsung Galaxy S, Note 3, Kindle PW
Thank you, great info.
rpatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:10 AM   #36
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Is there an MR-compiled list, like for Libraries etc.. ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #37
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Is there an MR-compiled list, like for Libraries etc.. ?
Not that I am aware of. There are some listed in the wiki under e-book stores near the bottom but there is not a dedicated page but of course it is a wiki so there is no reason there couldn't be. There is also a page on a Unified ebook search engine.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #38
T.D.02809
Enthusiast
T.D.02809 doesn't litterT.D.02809 doesn't litterT.D.02809 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3rd Gen WiFi, Kindle App for MAC
Search Engine seeker

CALIBRE has a feature where you enter the book name and it will conduct a massive search covering Google Books, Sony, KOBO, Amazon, B&N, Waterstones, and many others. There is a list from which you can select where to search. It is worth looking at since it will come up with a list that allows you to connect to the site where it is for sale or , not sure about this, which library. I hope this answers the question I think is being asked.
T.D.02809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:04 AM   #39
rigiweb
rigiweb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drezin View Post
I remember a site someone gave me where you searched a book, and it found all the places you could buy it, and for what devices. I found it to be useful for Sony books, but can't remember what the site was.

Also, if anyone has any really good places to search for books that work on the sony readers that have other choices aside from sony's store, pleas elet me know.

Thanks in advance!
Everyone should have Calibre: http://calibre-ebook.com/download
rigiweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #40
wpcreader
wpcreader began at the beginning.

Device: none
EBOOK Finder:

http://www.moreofit.com/

I just discovered this website which list ebook sources [500] at a time. Just enter the url of your favorite ebook website and "moreofit" will provide a list of up to 500 similar websites. The list can then be narrowed by many different sub-categories. I believe this will be a great resource.
wpcreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #41
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantdeakin View Post
Found a site based in Indonesia for eBooks in all the main formats. They claim to access 2nd Hand eBooks, but I do not now about this! But, I do know their eBooks are clean, well formated and very cheap. Prepared to pay for an eBook that isn't a crap scanned and text recognised, proorly formatted, hard to read 5th rate eBook. Reading should be joyful.
Second hand ebooks? Yeah right...
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #42
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Yes but what condition are their covers in ?

Personally I consider only those ebooks that are in "as new" condition no dog eared pages or torn covers !

Last edited by mXb; 01-16-2013 at 09:34 AM.
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #43
rwillmer
luzme.com
rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.rwillmer shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Second hand ebooks? Yeah right...
It sounds unlikely, I know, but there is in fact one reputable ebook publisher/vendor that does allow you to legally resell their ebooks.

My favourite tech ebookstore, O'Reilly (http://oreilly.com) have an explicit statement to that effect...

"Resale: If you buy an O'Reilly ebook, when you are done with it you may resell it, provided that you do not retain any copies of the book after you sell it."

http://shop.oreilly.com/category/cus...vice/ebooks.do

Rachel
rwillmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #44
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwillmer View Post
It sounds unlikely, I know, but there is in fact one reputable ebook publisher/vendor that does allow you to legally resell their ebooks.

My favourite tech ebookstore, O'Reilly (http://oreilly.com) have an explicit statement to that effect...

"Resale: If you buy an O'Reilly ebook, when you are done with it you may resell it, provided that you do not retain any copies of the book after you sell it."

http://shop.oreilly.com/category/cus...vice/ebooks.do

Rachel
Interesting... I've not noticed that before. I know if you buy one of their physical books, you can register it and pay $5 to upgrade to the eBook. They even encourage you to "recycle" the physical copy by donating it to a library. I've bought a number of books directly from them and admire their policies (including DRM free and multiple formats).
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:39 AM   #45
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
That looks interesting. I am outside the USA. France, greater europe.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote