Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-16-2010, 04:07 PM   #76
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhburton View Post
Another one soils himself shamefully....YES!!
Please... I feel bad enough as it is.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:16 PM   #77
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

It's nothing that a good shower (and maybe a stiff drink) can't cure.
davidhburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 04:36 PM   #78
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhburton View Post
...well, except when they hurl feces at me...then I only admire them... from a distance.

Authors can also fling "feces" at readers.....if you get my drift!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:09 PM   #79
davidhburton
Addict
davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!davidhburton rocks like Gibraltar!

Let me get my gloves!!
Old 03-16-2010, 05:17 PM   #80
davison
Working On It
davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

[QUOTE=dreams;832470]You two are a crack up! (for those members using google translate-- it means hilarious)

Kill & Cure is on my laptop (I don't do format conversions). I locked up my Sony one time with a pdf file, so I'll have to read it on the laptop. I did look for someplace to purchase it, but I could not find it available to USA.

Hey Dreams,
Try waterstones.com or amazon.co.uk...or go to my blog www.stephendavison.wordpress.com from where you can download a .PRC. Not sure if that helps!
davison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:17 PM   #81
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
*I know, Alan... I've heard the same spiel from my friends... and especially my wife... about perceived value. Unfortunately, there's the little matter of fame (or lack thereof) to be considered, too...
Fame? Who said anything about fame. I just want to make enough money to be able to buy a tank of gas for my subcompact car. I mean heck, the book took a few thousand hours to write.

plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:23 PM   #82
davison
Working On It
davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.davison writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Goodness me that didn't feel like plugging at all....
P.S. Isn't a monkey and an author the same thing? Someone should tell Dr D, he thinks there's a difference...
davison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:36 PM   #83
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by davison View Post
P.S. Isn't a monkey and an author the same thing? Someone should tell Dr D, he thinks there's a difference...

You're right: I took another look and that's an Author.

PHOTO BELOW: An Unknown Author promotes his work to an Author of "Respectable Importance."

If someone can identify this Unknown Author (the one with his mouth open), please don't hesitate to step forward.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	An Author.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	48216  

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-16-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:08 PM   #84
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Okie dokie. Here's the plugging. Courtesy of our own esteemed dreams, a wonderful review for Boomerang.

Review by: dreams on Nov. 20, 2009 :
Great fun from start to finish. The various antics of the characters had me laughing out loud as I visualized the situations. I loved following the old lady sisters, Amelia and Doreen (they were so real that I could almost hear their conversations) and Ted and Jerry (that guy had more stuff he was into than poor Ted could keep up with). If that wasn't enough, add in the alphabet soup of government agencies and “the clothing optional former onion festival queen". I had no idea how it was going to end and couldn't wait to find out. This will definitely be on my to-be-read-again list.

There will be no poop flinging from this quarter. And I'm pretty good at ducking, side stepping and drop and rolling too. So those who are so inclined are free to fling away!

Bye the bye Dr. D. where did you come by that photo of my eighth grade social science teacher?
Old 03-16-2010, 10:50 PM   #85
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumboz View Post
Fame? Who said anything about fame. I just want to make enough money to be able to buy a tank of gas for my subcompact car. I mean heck, the book took a few thousand hours to write.
I know, I know... you put in a lot of time writing, it seems like the least you deserve is to be properly compensated for your time. Only this industry has never been good at that, for anyone except the top, what, 2% of writers. The rest of us barely get lunch money. Fast food lunch money.

Anyway, you can charge whatever you want. But don't forget: Lower prices often generate more sales, which can make more in the long run. And this whole e-book "industry" is too new to have locked in on proper pricing yet. So, be flexible.

Oh, I'm sorry... I'm supposed to be shamelessly shilling, aren't I? Uh... the Denial of Service saga is FREE on SteveJordanBooks.com! And while you're there, check out a book that will actually make me some money!

There. I feel all dirty again.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:45 PM   #86
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Hey Dreams,
Try waterstones.com or amazon.co.uk...or go to my blog www.stephendavison.wordpress.com from where you can download a .PRC. Not sure if that helps!
Thank you, but I'm in the USA so locked out (geographic restrictions). I have a Sony and I need the ePub version. I believe most Readers use ePub except the Kindle. Unfortunately, I'm one of those that don't do conversions yet (someday, I'll have time to learn).
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:22 AM   #87
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Plumboz, you can definitely get away with asking more for Boomerang. It has like a million shining reviews on Smashwords. It's the books that cost a lot yet have no reviews that spook me.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:33 AM   #88
plumboz
Novelist

Cleese and Chapman and Kittens, Oh My!

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
Plumboz, you can definitely get away with asking more for Boomerang. It has like a million shining reviews on Smashwords. It's the books that cost a lot yet have no reviews that spook me.
Now that's my kind of shameless promotion, the kind that is done for you!

Thanks and thanks again, banjobama, for those kind words. Although I think the reviews number a bit closer to half a dozen or so, they are all very nice.

Love to join you on Goodreads. I am there under my real, fer sure name. Just to throw people off.

Love your new avatar, by the way. Two of the funniest men ever to trod this earth.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:35 AM   #89
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by plumboz View Post

Love your new avatar, by the way. Two of the funniest men ever to trod this earth.
They're even better when they're holding kitties!!
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:42 AM   #90
davidhburton
Addict

Oh, I hate to do this...showing my age here....but who ARE those men?

Tags
2.99, a dead man's debt, aaron & keja, amazon, anthology, bloated goat, captain nothing, cj west, crime fiction, crowdfunding, ebook, ebooks, fantasy, finding books, free ebook, free ebook downloads, funny, giveaway, god, grace elliot, health, heir to the everlasting, hop, independent, indie, indie bestsellers, just doll, kdp, kickstarter, middle grade, nook, ratticus, sci-fi novel, science fiction, scifi, selfhelp, short story, soul, spirituality, staten bay trilogy, suspense, sweepstakes, uke, ukulele, website, witch book, writing, zombified buffalo