Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-16-2010, 01:19 PM   #16
David Derrico
Connoisseur
David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 & Kobo Wireless
Thank you, AFK_Matrix, I hope you enjoy them!

I am featured today on a cool website called "The Indie Spotlight," which posts (among other things) interviews of indie authors. I found the interview questions well-designed, and thought they led to some interesting discussions. Hopefully it will give readers a little insight into the writing process, and inside the minds of some authors they enjoy. There is a new author featured each weekday.

http://www.theindiespotlight.com/?p=389
David Derrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 01:15 AM   #17
David Derrico
Connoisseur
David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi guys, I just wanted to mention a couple of exciting pieces of news (OK, exciting for me, anyway).

First is that I've completely re-vamped my website and put up a blog, where I focus on e-readers, e-books, the future of publishing, writing, etc. I review the iPad vs. K2 and talk about various types of e-readers (like the new Kobo E-Reader, the Nook, and the Sony readers). The link is:

http://www.davidderrico.com/blog

Second, I recently finished writing my third novel, which I'm really excited about. It's called The Twiller, and it's a departure from my first two novels. It's a lighter, more causal read, a humorous romp across the Universe reminiscent of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I still have a month or two of serious editing, cover design, formatting, etc. ahead of me, but I hope to have it ready to go soon. You can find excerpts and more info at my website:

http://www.davidderrico.com/the-twiller

Anyway, thanks for listening, and thank you for the support I've received from MobileRead readers so far!
Old 06-07-2010, 12:29 AM   #18
David Derrico
Connoisseur

Just a quick note that my novels are discounted on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Kobo down to just 79 cents right now. (I don't know how long the sales will last, and I'll be raising my prices to $2.99 later this month to qualify for Amazon's 70% royalties.) So, save a little cash while you can.

Last edited by David Derrico; 06-07-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:37 PM   #19
bbqncigars
PDA dino
bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbqncigars ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, Rooted NC, Voyages(2)
Well, darn! Looks like I just spent an extra $.40 at smashwords buying your SF. ;-)
bbqncigars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:25 PM   #20
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I just got them at iBooks.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:31 AM   #21
David Derrico
Connoisseur

Thanks for giving them a try!

BBQ, sorry about the 40 cents, hopefully you'll find them worth what you paid anyway. You can look at it as saving $4 over the forthcoming $2.99 prices. ;-)

DixieGal, I hope you enjoy them as well … good to see more people reading on the iPad. Apple's early figures (5M e-books downloaded) were encouraging.

Tags
99 cents, bargain, ebooks, kindle, sci-fi