Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-03-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
eScape ePub Transfer Issue

First of all, thank you very much for your eScape software!

I've run into a problem that has me stumped, though. When I transfer my eScape-created ePub file over to my PRS-505, using either Sony's own eLibrary software or Kovid Goyal's Calibre, I get a single-page document.

This is strange, because I can easily read the ePub file on my computer with Calibre's internal reader and with Adobe Digital Editions. And it looks great!

Any idea what's going on with the transfer?

Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:05 AM   #2
richardigp
Enthusiast
richardigp began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Timoleon.

Can you possibly send me the file(s). We handle publisher files all the time and if it is proprietary or confidential we will respect that.

Preferrably the ODT and the ePub. We will crack them open and see whats happening. You can email them to me at azardi@infogridpacific.com. Meanwhile we are running a few books through our PRS-505 to see if we can replicate the problem.

Thanks for the problem notification. This helps. And sorry for the slow reply
richardigp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2009, 01:04 PM   #3
richardigp
Enthusiast
richardigp began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
As a follow-up to this. We checked a number of books we have created with eScape and they all opened in 505 fine. Are you sure you are using the section styles between chapters and other sections? Eg. body-chapter-igp.
richardigp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #4
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Richard,

Just read your message --- thanks for replying! I'm at work at the moment, but when I get home I'll see if I can hunt up the file and get it off to you.

Thanks!
Old 03-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #5
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoleon View Post
Hi Richard,

Just read your message --- thanks for replying! I'm at work at the moment, but when I get home I'll see if I can hunt up the file and get it off to you.

Thanks!
Finally got a chance to check things out! It looks like I've found my problem. After I pasted my text into the Open Office template I would do a "save as" html, and then rename it to an xhtml file so eScape would work on it. As I said, the result looks good in Adobe DE and in Calibre's internal viewer, but the transfer to my Sony PRS-505 was a one-page file (using either Calibre or the Sony Library software).

What has corrected the abnormality is this: I no longer "save" the file as html and rename it. I now "export" the file to xhtml, and this has cleared everything up. Such a simple solution!

Thanks again for your software. I'd love to see the template polished up a bit, though, and the ability to insert images added ( I know you can do this in the pay version... )
Advert